cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence ISDN Link second channel

robertdicarlo
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get my TelePresence ISDN Link to work in BRI mode.

When I have a Tandberg call using a ISDN BRI to my TelePresence ISDN Link it only conects using the BRI Interfaces  1..4 Directory 1 Numbers.

How do I get it to use the Directory Number 2?

ISDN BRI Interface 1 DirectoryNumber 1: 2012299212

ISDN BRI Interface 1 DirectoryNumber 2: 2012299213

ISDN BRI Interface 2 DirectoryNumber 1: 2012299214

ISDN BRI Interface 2 DirectoryNumber 2: 2012299215

ISDN BRI Interface 1 SPID 1: 000000001

ISDN BRI Interface 1 SPID 2: 000000002

ISDN BRI Interface 2 SPID 1: 000000003

ISDN BRI Interface 2 SPID 2: 000000004

Only the ISDN BRI Interface 1 DirectoryNumber 1: 2012299212 and ISDN BRI Interface 2 DirectoryNumber 1: 2012299214 connect.

Rob

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check with your Telco to see if they have configured your lines correctly, and that if someone dials in to one number (generally the primary number, no 1 on line 1) that the call will connect/bond across all 4 at 256k.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

I have been reading your information in connection with TelePresence ISDN link and the SX20 in this forum with a lot of interest because there are today  very few engineers out there who still deal with ISDN.  I have a situation with one of my clients in the U.A.E right now whereby a new SX20 was purchased to replace a Tandberg MXP 6000 codec.  Used the existing infrastructure but reduced the ISDN lines from 6 to 4 because that is all the ISDN uplink to the SX20 will accept.  The entire configuration was done by a Cisco certified engineer yet we still have problems because of limited knowledge with the ISDN configuration.  Looked at a communication you had with Clark White who contacted you from the U.A.E and even downloaded your isdnlinkexampleconfig.txt to compare with what we have.  When testing the unit we found that we can establish a conference link inside of the City and it is working both ways at 256Kbps.  We can also establish a conference link to Europe and it connects at 128Kbps and 256Kbps but for nothing in the World can somebody from the outside of the U.A.E. connect to us.

Our 4 BRI lines are part of a PRI link from the local ISP with 30 channels running on a Siemens HiPath 4000 server which is feeding the Cisco telephone infrastructure in the office.  As already mentioned the connectivity in the previous setup used the same HiPath 4000 server but with 6 BRI lines and it work without fail for a couple of years until the MXP 6000 gave up on us.

Where do I need to start looking to identify why local incoming video calls are excepted and connected whereas international incoming video calls are  neither accepted nor connected?

Had a fault report going with a Cisco support engineer in Belgium who run with us a report log in which he later found two IPV6 connections besides the IPV4 connections which according to him ought to be removed.  Did find the IPV6 entries when looking at the link between the SX20 and the ISDN upling and removed them.  Unfortunately the support in Belgium transferred our case to a support centre in India and when I spoke to that engineer he told me that the IPV6 connectivity between the SX20 and the ISDN upling is necessary.  Whom do I believe now??? 

Your earliest response is highly appreciated because this situation is going on for a couple of weeks already and not even our communication with Cisco directly brought any result.

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

• Where do I need to start looking to identify why local incoming video calls are excepted and connected whereas international incoming video calls are  neither accepted nor connected?

For that sort of issue, I'd start by talking with your Telco to see why the incoming calls are not getting to you - they should be able to see if they're receiving them and routing them correctly to your PRI.  Or, failing that, with whoever supports your Siemens to see that it's actually receiving/routing the incoming calls correctly.

• IPV6 connectivity between ISDNLink and Endpoint - Whom do I believe now?

All the documentation for the ISDNLink says you need IPv6.

For Pairing the ISDNLink and the endpoint - a direct quote from "Prerequisites for pairing" section of the ISDNLink Admin Guide: "the endpoint’s IPStack must be configured to DualStack or IPv6. The endpoint uses IPv6 link for local traffic to connect with the ISDN Link."

Also, from the latest ISDNLink IL1.1.4 release notes - in the Known Limitations Section: "All communication between the ISDN Link and Endpoint is done using IPv6. Do not disable IPv6 on the endpoint."

So, it's up to you who you believe, but, from experience using the devices, I agree with the guys in India, and the documentation, which all say that IPv6 is required.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

When I check the SLICE I can hook up a phone and call the numbers. When I put it back into the TelePresence ISDN Link the SLICE shows only 

ISDN BRI Interface 1 DirectoryNumber 1: 2012299212 Idle

ISDN BRI Interface 1 DirectoryNumber 2: 2012299213 Not connected

ISDN BRI Interface 2 DirectoryNumber 1: 2012299214 Idle

ISDN BRI Interface 2 DirectoryNumber 2: 2012299215 Not connected

Is there something in the TelePresence ISDN I am suppose to do?

Do I have to set the bandwidth?

I am using RS366.