LIC-AESMCU53-K9AES and HTTPS option for MCU 5300 Series2
LIC-5300-4PL1 Full HD / 2 HD / 4 SD ports on MCU 5300 Series4
CON-ECDN-LIC5304PESS WITH 8X5XNBD 1 Full HD/2 HD/4 SD ports on MCU53004
CTI-5300-CAB2MCUCisco TelePresence MCU 5300 Series Stacking Cable2
CON-ECDN-CTI53CABESS WITH 8X5XNBD MCU 5300 Series Stacking Cable2
LIC-5320-MCU-K9License Key For MCU 5320 Software Image2
SW-5300-MCU-K9Software Image For MCU 5300 Series Latest Version2

I have some questions that is not clear for me regarding above BOM:

1- In regard to Personal Multiparty Licenses that comes with CUWL PRO , It mentioned QTY 2 from each item ,does that mean 2 servers and 2 licenses will be installed for each TS or it is only one server and upload 2 licenses to it?

2-"Cisco TelePresence Server Resource License" has QTY 8. is that mean 8 ports = 8 participant in one conference or what is that mean and what does it used for?

3-In regard to conductor ordered with PMP, can it manage TS server(s) in concert with the MCUs that is ordered above or a new one should be purchased dedicated for the MCUs?

4-For Conductor cluster ,Customer is asking for a cluster although the BOM has only 1 QTY. Does the cluster requires another SW license key to the second VM or just add it as Unified CM nodes for free ?.Noting that "LIC-CNDTR-CL" is mentioned in the BOM.

5- In regards MCU 5320, "LIC-5300-4PL" mentioned as 4 QTY, is that mean it will be divided by 2 for each appliance after stacking them?

6-does "LIC-5300-4PL" with 4 QTY means that I can have up to 16 participant in one conference or 2 concurrent conferences with 8 Participant ? or how it is calculated?

I really appreciate your help to clear above points to get back to the customer with full understanding about the solution provided.

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Usually the questions like this would be directed to the one who put together the bill or materials for you.

I've always had some issues reading BOMs, but if I'm reading and understanding it correct:

1. You'll receive qty 2 TelePresence Servers, which is probably the 8-core virtual TP Server.
  2. The TelePresence Server Resource License is the screen licenses you install on the TelePresence Servers.  The 8-core virtual TP Server only requires 4 screen licenses each.  If I'm not mistaken, PMP must be setup with a max resolution of 720p.  So that would allow 2 participants per screen license.
  3. Looks like you're receiving a fully licenses Conductor, which can support all the MCUs and TP Servers.  For the TP Servers that are to be used with PMP, they must only be used for that, and nothing else.
  4. You'd have to purchase a second Conductor matching the one being purchased.
  5. If you stack them (also known as clustering), the total port count will be shared between the two servers.  Note, when stacked, the two servers are then seen as 1 single MCU.
  6. This depends on the quality you set the MCU to use for the media ports.  With qty 4 media ports, you can have the following number of participants:  up to 4 Full HD at 1080p, 8 HD at 720p, or 16 SD up to w448p.

PMP data sheet, shows what you can do with the TP Servers being used and the conference restrictions.

TelePresence Server data sheet, table 8 shows the screen license to participant ratio based on the expected video resolution.

MCU 5300 Series data sheet, table 2 shows the media port licenses to participant ratio based on expected video resolution.

View solution in original post

You would go by whatever the capacity is for the quality you're using, since PMP is limited to 720p, and you have 4 screen licenses, each 720p participant would use half a screen licenses, equal to 8 participants.  So you could essentially be able to have two conferences at the same time with 4 participants each, and that would consume the entire 4 screen licenses.

Just have to look at how many screen licenses a participant will take for the quality being used (see the TPS data sheet I linked to earlier), and add that amount until you reach the total amount of screen licenses that will be installed on the server which will tell you how many participants can connect at any one time.

I'm assuming you'd be receiving an 8-core TP Server, since it only takes 4 screen licenses max, and you're receiving only 8 for two servers, it's what makes sense.  Again, that's just an assumption.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Usually the questions like this would be directed to the one who put together the bill or materials for you.

I've always had some issues reading BOMs, but if I'm reading and understanding it correct:

1. You'll receive qty 2 TelePresence Servers, which is probably the 8-core virtual TP Server.
  2. The TelePresence Server Resource License is the screen licenses you install on the TelePresence Servers.  The 8-core virtual TP Server only requires 4 screen licenses each.  If I'm not mistaken, PMP must be setup with a max resolution of 720p.  So that would allow 2 participants per screen license.
  3. Looks like you're receiving a fully licenses Conductor, which can support all the MCUs and TP Servers.  For the TP Servers that are to be used with PMP, they must only be used for that, and nothing else.
  4. You'd have to purchase a second Conductor matching the one being purchased.
  5. If you stack them (also known as clustering), the total port count will be shared between the two servers.  Note, when stacked, the two servers are then seen as 1 single MCU.
  6. This depends on the quality you set the MCU to use for the media ports.  With qty 4 media ports, you can have the following number of participants:  up to 4 Full HD at 1080p, 8 HD at 720p, or 16 SD up to w448p.

PMP data sheet, shows what you can do with the TP Servers being used and the conference restrictions.

TelePresence Server data sheet, table 8 shows the screen license to participant ratio based on the expected video resolution.

MCU 5300 Series data sheet, table 2 shows the media port licenses to participant ratio based on expected video resolution.

Dear Patrick,

Thanks a lot that was really helpful. Only one thing in point 2 as you mentioned " So that would allow 2 participants per screen license" , and since 8-core virtual TP Server provide 4 screen licenses ,then the total of 720p (HD) would be 8 participants. However, this would comply only on normal TP Server. But, for PMP bundle offer that comes with CUWL PRO ,since only 4 participants are allowed per meeting ,it does not matter what the 4 screen license would provide and would not stick to the hardware capacity and only stick to the 4 participants.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as this is the way I understand it

Thank you.

You would go by whatever the capacity is for the quality you're using, since PMP is limited to 720p, and you have 4 screen licenses, each 720p participant would use half a screen licenses, equal to 8 participants.  So you could essentially be able to have two conferences at the same time with 4 participants each, and that would consume the entire 4 screen licenses.

Just have to look at how many screen licenses a participant will take for the quality being used (see the TPS data sheet I linked to earlier), and add that amount until you reach the total amount of screen licenses that will be installed on the server which will tell you how many participants can connect at any one time.

I'm assuming you'd be receiving an 8-core TP Server, since it only takes 4 screen licenses max, and you're receiving only 8 for two servers, it's what makes sense.  Again, that's just an assumption.

Okay Now I got it....Thanks really for your help I really appreciate it :)

What version of CUCM PAM licensing system support? A customer is interested in implementing Telepresence system inside his deployment.

But, unfortunately, a version of CUCM is only 8.6 inside this deployment. Is it possible to order PAM for this deployment?