cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence server / Conductor

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a question regarding setting up locations and licenses on Telepresence server/Conductor.

In the lab guide you can create a location that has both AD-Hoc and Rendezvous conferences on one location. Does this require two location licenses?

Also do you need to setup an MCU on telepresence fro ad-hoc calls?  I am running the telepresence server and Conductor on VMware. It is hooked up to an IX5000.  Rendezvous video calls work with three end points... but I cannot get AD-hoc video calls to work and that is really the issue. I suspect it is because I only have one license and the single location that is defined has both ad-hoc and Rendezvous setup.

When I try and add the third video end point none of the video is active and the conductor has no knowledge of any conferencing going on.

Hope make senses

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The ix5000 functions in the same way as CTS and TX endpoints do, it does not have the ability to escalate a conference to a Media Resource through an MRGL, only to bring in an audio only call and bridge it into the call or conference it is on. If you attempt to use this on a video endpoint it will join as audio only. 

Another endpoint that supports ad-hoc escalation like TC software endpoints can do the escalation to the Media Resource (Conductor in this case) and bring in the ix5000 to a conference.

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The ix5000 functions in the same way as CTS and TX endpoints do, it does not have the ability to escalate a conference to a Media Resource through an MRGL, only to bring in an audio only call and bridge it into the call or conference it is on. If you attempt to use this on a video endpoint it will join as audio only. 

Another endpoint that supports ad-hoc escalation like TC software endpoints can do the escalation to the Media Resource (Conductor in this case) and bring in the ix5000 to a conference.

-Jonathan

Jonathan , I never thought about that.  Dam.... The IX5000 is the first in Canada and we have SX80 and EX90 and have had nothing but issues with video conferences.  We are running telepresence server and Conductor in a BE6K both are latest code.  Right now we are trying to do a video conference from a IX5000 to the SX80 the conference connects but 80 % of the time using a  h.264 codec at both ends so it uses 1280X?? at the IX5000 end and 320X?? at the SX80 end so the video looks crappy.  It does sometimes uses h.265 at both ends.

But that might make some sense if we cannot initiate a video call from the ix5000 it makes sense,   The SX80 with a speaker bridge is having issues with getting both cameras active as well as the tracking doesn't work.. It has been fun But you may have solved one issues.

For that I thank you so much.. and I feel silly because I have installed a few cts3000 in my time.