Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence SX80 Serial Command

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate SX80 to AMX control system and based on the API guide the "key click and key press" is not available in SX80. What serial command can I use to do manual dialing (video call)?

Note: I used the xcommand key click key: <0...890> for C series codecs however this is not working for SX80.

Need Help, thanks

Lan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SX80 is controlled via a touch panel, and not a remote like previous codecs, which is why the key click commands aren't present.  Only option is probably xCommand Dial, see the SX80 API Reference Guide, pg 108.  You could have the user enter the address they want to call into a text field and use it to create the dial string sending it to the SX80.

View solution in original post

No problem, don't forget to mark the discussion as answered so it can help others behind you that might have the same question.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SX80 is controlled via a touch panel, and not a remote like previous codecs, which is why the key click commands aren't present.  Only option is probably xCommand Dial, see the SX80 API Reference Guide, pg 108.  You could have the user enter the address they want to call into a text field and use it to create the dial string sending it to the SX80.

As Patrick has said above, the xCommand Dial would be the best to use.  We use that with our external control systems and dial the whole string presented in a dial box rather than individual key presses (this also makes it a lot easier to dial non-numeric addresses such as a full SIP URI).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne

I have a 80 SX TC 7.3 with audio tracking system. The VC is controlled via RS-232 with the current API.
In a Connenct the PIP OFF / ON command is not responding. Disconnect When does the pip.
Command:
xCommand CamCtrlPip Mode: On Duration: 0
xCommand CamCtrlPip Mode: Off Duration: 0

what can it be?

What happens if you try the following:

xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault Mode: <On/Off>

The CamCtrlPip commands define if, and how long, a PiP will first pop up on the screen for when you place a call so you can check your camera positioning, and not for any other control of the Self View on the screen.  Changing these once a call has been placed will not alter the PiP visibility until a further call is placed.

I'm assuming that you're trying to make the self view come on screen, then go off again via your external interface.

The correct commands to do this would be:

xCommand Video SelfView Set Mode: On

xCommand Video SelfView Set Mode: Off

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesiton as answered if appopriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Patrick

No problem, don't forget to mark the discussion as answered so it can help others behind you that might have the same question.