Views
Helpful
Replies

The connection settings are no longer valid after TMS upgrade to 15.5.0

urbfal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

After we upgraded the customers TMS to 15.5.0 they have gotten the follwing errors on some of there allready boked meetings but not all.

dom TMS.png

On the meetings with theese errors we can see that the connection alternative have changed from [H323] to [H323-SIP].

Note that the meetings still works as long as you don't edit them. 

I tried to search for similar errors but not been able to find any.

Best Regards

Urban Falén

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure, I looked through the release notes and bug search, didn't find anything. We don't use the External participant option, so I haven't seen this issue before. It's hard to say if the Conference Diagnostics will fix the issue, meaning change the booking method from H323-SIP to just H323, or simply remove the participant from the conference. If it's working, you could leave it be, and fix the issue at a later day if you ever have to edit the series.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
What software version was TMS prior to upgrading to 15.5?
Are these point-to-point or multipoint conferences, and what endpoints/conference bridge is involved?
What protocols is everything configured to use, ie: H323 or SIP?
Do the endpoints and conference bridge have the correct Allow Booking option checked in their settings within TMS, ie: inbound/outbound H323/SIP?
What happens if you edit the conference and refresh/fix the connection issues, does the error go away? Have you ran Conference Diagnostics under Admin Tools > Diagnostics, and attempted to have TMS fix the connection issues?

What software version was TMS prior to upgrading to 15.5? unsure, but it was 15.0 or above.

Are these point-to-point or multipoint conferences, and what endpoints/conference bridge is involved? multipoint conferences

What protocols is everything configured to use, ie: H323 or SIP? H323

Do the endpoints and conference bridge have the correct Allow Booking option checked in their settings within TMS, ie: inbound/outbound H323/SIP? unsure seeming we have no direct contact with the customers envoirment.

What happens if you edit the conference and refresh/fix the connection issues, does the error go away? As i understand it from the customer it did.

Have you ran Conference Diagnostics under Admin Tools > Diagnostics, and attempted to have TMS fix the connection issues? No, we never tried that seeming the booking still seemed to work.

Note that when making new bookings this error never occured. Also added som pictures if this helps

I'm not sure, I looked through the release notes and bug search, didn't find anything. We don't use the External participant option, so I haven't seen this issue before. It's hard to say if the Conference Diagnostics will fix the issue, meaning change the booking method from H323-SIP to just H323, or simply remove the participant from the conference. If it's working, you could leave it be, and fix the issue at a later day if you ever have to edit the series.

Hello,

Thank you for your help trying to find the reason for this error. This error will solve itself seeming new bookings don't get this error. However, should it return the Conference Diagnostics might be helpful to solve this or as you also mention changing the booking method.

Best Regards

Urban Falén