Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Agent Software Version Differs from Cluster Master

Anthony Chan
Level 1
Level 1

Have upgraded VCS Control and Expressway to V6.1

But now in TMS V13.1 am receiving this error message on the VCS Control, see below, anyone know what that means?

TMS Agent Software Version Differs from Cluster Master

TMS agent software version differs from cluster master.Details: This  system is part of a cluster with TMS agent enabled, but the version of  the TMS agent running on this system (Argon-3.2) is not the same as the  one in TMS (Argon-3.4-SNAPSHOT). All cluster peers must have the same  TMS agent software version as the agent running on the TMS server.

Thanks

Anthony

3 Replies 3

Anthony Chan
Level 1
Level 1

Found my own answers from the TMS 13.1.1 Release Notes:

Cisco TMS13.1 and 13.1.1 include version 3.4 of the Cisco TMS Agent which is not currently available on the Cisco VCS. This will result in a Trouble Ticket being displayed in Cisco TMS for those VCS systems stating ā€žTMS Agent Software Version Differs from Cluster Masterā€Ÿ. This ticket is accurate, but the condition is acceptable as 3.4 is backwards compatible with version 3.3. This ticket can be safely ignored until a Cisco VCS release is available to update the TMS Agent version running on the Cisco VCS.

Hi Guys.

I have just set up a new VCS Cluster with two peers and when enabling TMS agent I get the same error but with different Versions

The VCS cluster is Version 7.0.3 and TMS is 13.0

TMS agent software version differs from cluster master.Details: This system is part of a cluster with TMS agent enabled, but the version of the TMS agent running on this system (Argon-3.3) is not the same as the one in TMS (Argon-3.2). All cluster peers must have the same TMS agent software version as the agent running on the TMS server.

kedang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is a known limitation. If your cluster is operating correctly (i.e, if you make a change on the Master VCS, and the change is replicated over to the peer VCS), then I would disregard the mismatch error.

Cisco TMS13.1 and 13.1.1 include version 3.4 of the Cisco TMS Agent which is not currently available on the Cisco VCS. This will result in a Trouble Ticket being displayed in Cisco TMS for those VCS systems stating ā€žTMS Agent Software Version Differs from Cluster Masterā€Ÿ. This ticket is accurate, but the condition is acceptable as 3.4 is backwards compatible with version 3.3. This ticket can be safely ignored until a Cisco VCS release is available to update the TMS Agent version running on the Cisco VCS.

http://www.tandberg.com/collateral/documentation/Software_Release_Notes/Cisco_TMS_Release_Notes_%2013-1-1.pdf