cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Automatic Software Update not working?

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco TAC,

Quick question-  I have a customer that is no longer getting the Automatic Software updates in TMS, they are running 15.1.0 and has the Service URL of: https://tms-update.cisco.com/webservices/product/v1.0/Software/SoftwareService_ES and is set to Yes to Automatically Check for Updates.  I know in the past that sometimes the Cisco Service servers are down or change paths so I wanted to see if anything like that has occurred recently?

Thanks for your time and help with this issue. DK

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you expecting to see new software notifications, the software automatically downloaded, or both?

What endpoints or systems are you referring to?

If it's a TC or CE software based endpoint, the Automatic Software Update check will notify of new software, but will not automatically download it.  See New Software Download Procedure for TelePresence Endpoints running TC Software for more information if you're running an endpoint with either TC of CE software.

If you want to check the status of the Automatic Software Update tool, you should most likely contact TAC, as they can look into it for you and possibly help solve whatever issue you're having with the update system.