Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS booking question

Jet Huang
Level 1
Level 1

When we booking the meeting via the TMS,

how can we get the E.164 Alias of conference?

(Except we find that from mcu conference status.)

Some times need to provide some temporary participants.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Don't know about the 5330, but I suspect TMS will treat it the same way as it does our 4520, so three ways; either add a participant to the conference as "inbound", in which case the E.164 Alias shows up under connection details for that participant, or; go to Conference Control Center, find the relevant conference, put your cursor over the mcu details under "Remote" (far right) and you'll see a pop-up screen listing all the mcu details, including the E.164 Alias for that particular conference.

Third option would be make the conference "public" and let the relevant participants dial in to the auto-attendant and then navigate to the relevant conference from there.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Don't know about the 5330, but I suspect TMS will treat it the same way as it does our 4520, so three ways; either add a participant to the conference as "inbound", in which case the E.164 Alias shows up under connection details for that participant, or; go to Conference Control Center, find the relevant conference, put your cursor over the mcu details under "Remote" (far right) and you'll see a pop-up screen listing all the mcu details, including the E.164 Alias for that particular conference.

Third option would be make the conference "public" and let the relevant participants dial in to the auto-attendant and then navigate to the relevant conference from there.

/jens

Hi Jens,

Thanks your answers, add a inbound participant is a great idea for me!

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This discussion might be of interest to you: TMS Video Address in Booking Email.  This would be related to Jens' comment on adding a dial in participant to the conference, to make the video address show up in the booking email.

Yes! This is also very useful for me!

Unfortunately as it's stated by Kjetil, that request was closed.  I'm working on contacting my Cisco AM, suggest you do the same if it's something you would like to see as well.  As I stated in that discussion, "what if" someone needs the dial in information, yet there is no way to provide it to them using the updated emails they created for TMS, yet the only way to do so is manually adding a dial in participant to the conference, yet who wants to do that all the time.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS 14.5 just released, TMS now provides a dial-in address in the booking invite, and doesn't rely on a dial-in participant to be added to the conference unlike before. I've also confirmed it works with Conductor as well!

From TMS 14.5 release notes:

Dial-in addresses in booking confirmation emails

Booking confirmation emails now always include dial-in numbers, regardless of whether participants are scheduled to dial into the conference. For multipoint conferences hosted on an external bridge, dial-in numbers to the bridge for all protocols used are included. For point-to-point calls or calls hosted on an endpoint with embedded multisite, addresses of all participants are included.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: