cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS BRIDGE UNTILIZATION ??

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

OK folk maybe I am a rock but is there anything out ther on how to read the bridge utilization chart and how it would benefit me?

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have a similar issue with the utilisation report on mine. Says there are lots of calls when I know there isn’t. I think the whole thing is very buggy - and it doesn’t really provide much valuable info anyway so I just ignore it.
Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's showing you that your bridges are not very highly utilised.

Look at the table of data on the right hand side where you can see possibly better what the graph is showing you - for example in Week 30 of 2018, your bridge has 40 available ports, and a maximum of 3 were used (7%).

So, the only real use the report is for you at the moment would be to indicate that you have plenty of capacity - or to investigate what those particular calls were and see if there is a better way of handling them and perhaps decommissioning your MCU as it's not very highly utilised at all.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you for the claification ... Now on another network I have 8 MCU's totalling 300 ports and average 1400% So What your saying is that 300 ports used with over 3822 peak call connections reflecting 1400% And the bottom Utilization % states I am at 100 percent continously ? That doesn't make sense when I login to the Codians and see an average of only 10 ports in use at any given time ??
Chet Cronin

I have a similar issue with the utilisation report on mine. Says there are lots of calls when I know there isn’t. I think the whole thing is very buggy - and it doesn’t really provide much valuable info anyway so I just ignore it.
Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: