Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Conference Templates Using Conductor X2.x.x

Mattias Widman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a client that has TMS 14.1.1 and Conductor X2.0.1 controlling an MSE with three blades at different resolutions.

Getting TMS to use the Conductor when booking works like a charm, however we are not able to create conference templates in TMS since moving to conductor controlled MCU´s. It basically doesn´t see the conductor as an MCU alternative.  When creating a template for i.e. 4 dial-ins it says No Records exist... when choosing the Connection Settings Tab.

Is this a known behaviour? Is it something that will get sorted?

Screenshot_2013-05-15_10_20.jpg

Kind regards

Mattias

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

TMS does not support using Conductors in conference templates. This is unfortunately not on the agenda for the near future.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

Mattias Widman wrote:

How do we go about getting this up on the agenda to be fixed?

The feature request is tracked with the identifier CSCug91988. If this is a major concern to you or your customers, please go through the more formal channels (i.e. the account manager) to get it on the agenda.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

TMS does not support using Conductors in conference templates. This is unfortunately not on the agenda for the near future.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

that is a serious drawback and something I consider a dealbreaker for most of my clients. Particularly the one in question.

When I tested using a template that used a MCU (Codian) I could change it after I had created the conference using the template. How Stupid is that on a scale from 1-10. It´s a workaround but an unacceptable one at that.

Surely this is just something that has been missed? How do we go about getting this up on the agenda to be fixed?

If it´s not going to be fixed your salesreps need to stop saying that everything works as usual with bookings with the conductor to clients.

Mattias Widman wrote:

How do we go about getting this up on the agenda to be fixed?

The feature request is tracked with the identifier CSCug91988. If this is a major concern to you or your customers, please go through the more formal channels (i.e. the account manager) to get it on the agenda.

Regards,

Kjetil

Awesome, great info Kjetil. Much appreciated, I will take it up with my local contacts

//MW

Kjetil - Sorry to bring up an older discussion, but does this also affect participant templates?

Correct, there is no Conductor support in Participant Templates either.

-Kjetil

So unless the feature request gets added, the only other option is to convert all of the participant templates to a manual phone book - not going to be fun.

Kjetil -

We now have a Conductor in our environment, and wanted to point out that we can use participant templates.  Note, we don't use participant templates to specify an MCU/TPS bridge, but to mainly give us the ability to schedule conferences with external endpoints outside our network with a desired bandwidth.  We leave the MCU specific area blank.  We create external endpoints this way so we don't have to worry about using system licenses to create rooms in the navigator or a huge manual phonebook.

Hi,

That's true, you can use Participant Templates like that when scheduling conferences through a Conductor. When I said "no Conductor support in Participant Templates", I mean "no support for specifying the Conductor as the bridge in a Participant Template".

-Kjetil

No problem, just figured I point that you can use the participant template so long a you don't want to specifically specify Conductor as an MCU.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App