cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Configuration Template - Custom configuration setting

cromwell.u07d
Level 1
Level 1

Running TMS 13.2.2, trying to set a custom configuration setting within templates for the following setting:

xConfiguration UserInterface UserPreferences: Off

What's the easiest way to achieve that?  I have 430+ endpoints(TC 7.x) and I don't want to have to manually set this config setting for every endpoint.

Thanks for your time.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First off, TMS 14.4 is the first release I can find that introduces new settings from TC7 when using configuration templates, if you upgrade you can use those built-in settings instead of the custom command option.

To use the custom command/configuration options in the TMS configuration templates, it has to be formatted as XML string, refer to Custom Commands for Endpoint Configuration Templates in TMS document on how to do this.

For what you want, you'll use the following XML string using the "Custom Configuration" option:

<Configuration><UserInterface><UserPreferences>Off</UserPreferences></UserInterface></Configuration>

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried the string you provided and it's still not actually enforcing that setting. (I had gathered that string before and tried to no avail.)

I know we're on an older TMS version and I'm aware the newer versions have this setting built into the config setting options.  For some reason, I just can't get TMS to push this setting successfully.  TMS template events show 100% completion and other settings(predefined, not custom) are changed when I 'set on system'... just not for this custom configuration.

Any other thoughts?  Logs on the device(EX90 in lab) or TMS?

Again, many thanks.

I tried it on an endpoint running TC7.3.6 and it worked without issue, however I'm using TMS 15.2.1.

Have you checked the endpoint logs (eventlog/all.log) to see if it is receiving the configuration from TMS, and if so, check the result.

Per the document I linked to: "There is currently no verification procedure available for this configuration.", which means TMS will report the configuration was successful even though it might not have been.

Yes, the EX90 in my lab is on 7.3.6 as well.  When I check the logs your pointed to, I don't see an attempt for this particular config setting.  It's like it skips it for some reason.

Oh well... We have plans on upgrading TMS later this year.  I'll just have to wait.

Thanks again for your help.