cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS & EX90 TodaysBookings OSD

Timothy Lewin
Level 1
Level 1

I have several EX90's (TC5.1.4) managed by TMS (13.2.2). I want a list of scheduled conferences to be listed on the EX90 screen when it is inactive, using the OSD / TodaysBookings = on setting. This feature works initialy, but when the EX90 goes into Standby mode, the On Screen Display disappears and does not re-appear when the EX90 comes out of standby mode. I need OSD to be displayed whenever the screen is inactive. The only way I can get the On Screen Display to re-appear is to restart the EX90. Documentation on this feature is hard to find? Is there a solution to this problem?

7 Replies 7

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Tim

You can postpone system going to standby (Standby Delay setting), but that's not a solution.

Could you please open TAC case so we can investigate that properly for you?

Thanks

Rafal

Hi Tim,

I would suggest to start with one endpoint - Remove the Endpoint from TMS and then add it again on TMS and do a force refresh

Now see, if you are able to see Today's Meetings schedule or not...Although it appears little while after coming out of standby.

Try this and share the results.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Saurabh, I tried your suggestions but observed no changes in behaviour. TMS can push the initial Meeting Schedule out to the EX90 OK, but the EX90 seems to forget about it after the Standby mode activates. I thought about trying to configure the TMS persistance feature to regularly  re-fresh the EX90 config, but I cant see this working effectively, especialy for a large number of EX90 endpoints.

Rafal, yes I am considering disabling standby. The EX90 has an LCD so I am assuming leaving a wallpaper image on the screen for an extended period of time will not damage the screen. These devices will be powered on 8 hours a day.

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What's the EX unit's external manager address? ("xconfiguration Provisioning ExternalManager Address")? Is it TMS, a VCS, or a CUCM?

Kjetil Ree, TMS is set as the External Manager on the EX90.

Hi,

TMS is set as the External Manager on the EX90

OK, then it's unlikely to be a TMS problem. TMS sends the calendar:

• Two minutes after a conference is booked.
  • Whenever it receives a boot event from the endpoint.

I suppose the problem is on the endpoint side then.

Regards,

Kjetil