cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS - exporting extended settings for endpoints?

shincanada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to locate two of the following settings in TMS and finding a way to export it for TC series units.  Unfortunately, I can't find this option in System Overview.

xstatus systemunit productid
xstatus camera 1 model

I have nearly 100 endpoints I want to verify this setting on due to EOS/EOL, and this would be time consuming if I had to manually go into each unit's Extended Settings in System Navigator.

We are running 14.6 TMS and I don't see this option in TMS 15.1 - so far I'm thinking there isn't a way to do this thru TMS and this might have be be done via scripting.  Has anyone else found a way to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can gather the product information for the codec using TMS, under Systems > System Overview.  In the right hand column, choose the option "Specific System Type Description" under General Settings.

The only way to gather camera specific information is to either view the extended settings of each TMS managed endpoint, or log into each endpoint manually via it's web interface or SSH.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can gather the product information for the codec using TMS, under Systems > System Overview.  In the right hand column, choose the option "Specific System Type Description" under General Settings.

The only way to gather camera specific information is to either view the extended settings of each TMS managed endpoint, or log into each endpoint manually via it's web interface or SSH.

Thats what I was afraid of... 

Thanks Patrick!  : )

If this is something you'd like to be considered added into TMS, suggest you contact your Account Manager and have a feature request created.  I know some people have done the same for endpoints that use the Touch 10, to be able to see Touch 10 specific information within TMS.

Don't forget to mark your question as answered, so to help others that might have the same issue.