cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Management Settings - exclude phonebook server type?

GavP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are running TMS version 15.6.1.

Currently I have "Enforce Management Settings on systems" enabled and the "System Force Refresh Interval" set to the maximum of 72 hours.

When I add a new system to TMS through the "Add Systems" option in system navigator, TMS pushes down the managment address, feedback address and sets the phonebook server type to TMS and sets the path to the TMS server.

We currently dont use TMS address books so I have a persistent template assigned that resets the phonebook server type to what we want. Problem is, TMS resets this every 72 hours and although my template reapplies my settings - there can be a gap between TMS resetting it and my template reapplying the correct settings.

My question is, can we exclude (or change) the default phonebook server type and path that is associated with the TMS "management settings" - I've had a look but dont seem to be able to find how.

I suppose we could turn off the "Enforce Management Settings on Systems" option to prevent this, but was just wondering if there is another way (which I assume there is but I just cant figure out :) ).

Cheers,

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe the only way to do it is, as you have already guessed, to turn off the :option.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
As Wayne mentions, you're only option is to disable "Enforce Management Settings on Systems", as that will always override any manually set phone book address. And unfortunately there isn't a way to specify when TMS will enforce it's settings on managed systems, so you can't set your persistent template to apply soon afterward.

GavP
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guys.