cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS on Windows Server 2012?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The TMS 14.3 installation and Upgrade Guide says to install TMS on Windows 2008 SP2, or 2008 R2.

Is it supported yet to install TMS on to Windows Server 2012?

Has anyone done this yet?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin and Paulo are correct...currently not supported and strongly recommend not even trying.

However, stay tuned...meaning coming soon but probably not in the time frame you require. Go with Win 2008 R2 in the interim

View solution in original post

Hi Binesh,

The next feature release of TMS will support Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012. This is due out early Q214 (calendar year).

As far as Win Server 2008 and Win Server 2008 R2, I know MS extended their Mainstream Support End Date to Jan 2015 and their Extended Support End Date to Jan 2020.

rgds,

Dale

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As long as its not stated in the docs I would stick with 2008 in a production environment.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Wayne,

I agree with Martin, the matter is not about if it works or not on Windows 2012, the matter is, is this officialy supported by Cisco? Will Cisco give you support if you don't use a officially recommended windows server?

Based upon the documentation, I would say it is not supported, not officially, although I think that it may work on Windows 2012 if you use at least the correct version for IIS and SQL Server. But I don't recommend, obviously.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Martin and Paulo are correct...currently not supported and strongly recommend not even trying.

However, stay tuned...meaning coming soon but probably not in the time frame you require. Go with Win 2008 R2 in the interim

Thanks everyone.  That's pretty much the answer that I expected and had provided.  I asked the question as our server people were very keen to get anything added totheir new server environment as a 2012 box.  We will stick witn 2008R2 for now.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Experts,

Can you tell me the expected time frame for  TMS software  which will be compatible with windows server 2012. We have new requirement to install TMS on a new machine. currently we don't have any windows server 2008 licenses and it is end of sale in microsoft website.

Thanks.

Hi Binesh,

The next feature release of TMS will support Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012. This is due out early Q214 (calendar year).

As far as Win Server 2008 and Win Server 2008 R2, I know MS extended their Mainstream Support End Date to Jan 2015 and their Extended Support End Date to Jan 2020.

rgds,

Dale