Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS phonebook source system endpoints folder

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have come across a rather baffling issue with a couple of instances of TMS and I cannot for the life in me figure out as to why this is happening.

i am getting the following.

in the Cisco TMS phonebook source creation option, i create a new phonebook and link this to the TMS files and specifically select the folder where all the endpoints resides, this creates the phonebook entries for me as i would expect with one exception, as i shall detail below.

H.323  = name@domain

H.323  = number@domain <<< this is where the issue is

IP = IP address

in the second H.323 entry i find that on some systems (this doesn't happen for all systems) the H.323 entry where I expect to see the directory number (alternatively known as E.164 number) I see a URI where a domain has been appended to the end of the number, I'll give some examples below.

DN = 1234

configured domain = @video.net

random domain = @newdomain.com

IP = 10.10.10.1

i would expect to see the following.

H323 = epname@video.net

H323 = 1234

IP 10.10.10.1

but i am in fact seeing

H323 = epname@video.net

H323 1234@newdomain.com

IP 10.10.10.1

I have purged the systems from TMS and re-added them, I have searched through the xconfig for the newdomain which is invalid and I cannot find anything anywhere other than on the list of configured domains in the VCS SIP settings the second domain, the endpoints have SIP disabled by default, and in either case I would expect to see that under a SIP entry not a H.323 entry

this is causing the problem of when a user attempts to call via the phonebook the far site responds as busy as the VCS is unable to locate the relevant directory number as the location request contains the domain as well as the DN.

I have worked around this by adding a transform to the VCS which sees the specific dial patter and strips the domain, so calls are working, but I still need to understand as to what is causing this behavior.

if I was to create the phonebook by importing registration information from the VCS the entries appear to be correct, its only when I attempt to import the entries from the endpoint via the systems folder in TMS (or more accurately import the information stored in the systems folder about the endpoint) that i see the issue.

any advise greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Picked up the case with David and it seemed that at least on the MXP systems the international name on the mxp was configured. The IP zone also had a uri domain configured which caused the other symptom. We where able to clear the issues but still yet to see if the client is in fact impacted by the same config "errors".

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

What exact type of PB source are you creating and relating to the PB? TMS sw version? VCS sw version? EP sw version? What is "Route Phone Book Entries" set to under Admin Tools > Config > General Settings, i.e. Yes or No?

/dale

Hi Dale

thanks for your response, answers to your questions below.

What exact type of PB source are you creating and relating to the PB? >> the source we are using is the TMS endpoints folder for managed systems. (so, new phonebook >> Cisco TMS endpoints >> select subfolder containing all the endpoints >> sources generated)

TMS version 13.2 VCS SW i think is 7.2 (but does that matter as we are gathering the details from TMS ,_NOT_ the gatekeeper, if we use the gatekeeper all is well)

EP software version this ranges from TC 4.2, TC4.2.2, TC5.1, F9.1.2, F9.0.2.

Route address book entries is set to YES (however i can see the wrong details in the actual "manage phonebook sources" view contacts).

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals

Just gathering the details so has to see if I can re-produce? I'll get back with you if and when I find something One more question though, on those particular systems that show up incorrectly, does the E164 show up like that in the system overview in TMS on that particular system?

Hi Dale

We see the issue on our system as well as the customers, so if you wish we could setup a WebEx and take a look at some of our units.

I'd need to check with the system administrator but i am sure they wouldn't mind, just the usual restrictions of don't change anything that will affect the service.

any logs files required etc. just let me know.

Cheers

Think with Portals

Hi Dale

Just wondering if you have managed to find any success or information about this?

i'm very curious as to what is actually happening.

Cheers

Think with Portals

Hi David,

I wrote you a private message within these forums concerning this matter.

cheers,

Dale

Hi Dale

Apologies i didn't see the private message, i'm very much new to using this forum, although i have been signed up for some time now .

i'll go to TAC and see where we can take it from there.

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Picked up the case with David and it seemed that at least on the MXP systems the international name on the mxp was configured. The IP zone also had a uri domain configured which caused the other symptom. We where able to clear the issues but still yet to see if the client is in fact impacted by the same config "errors".

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Magnus

I can confirm that the issue was indeed identical on the clients system, I made the amended change to the IP zone and this cured the issue.

Good lesson learnt there, spread the word

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals

Thanks for letting us know!

/Magnus

Nice work guys

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: