Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS, Provisioning the users from AD and local users

Welcome,

Is it possible to provisioning the users from AD and local users created in Cisco TMS at the same time?

I've synchronised the Cisco VCS/TMS with AD and the users can sign-in on Jabber for Video. The problem is with local users, created on TMS in System -> Provisioning -> Users menu. From some reason, we can't create for these users an account in Active Directory server.

Could You help me, please?

Thanks a lot.

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can do both, however you need to use groups or folders to do what you want.  Have one folder be for manual accounts you create yourself, and another for imported users from AD.  You cannot create users in a folder that is setup to import from AD.

Yes, I did it in two folders under "root".The manual accounts are synchronized to VCS, but I still can't sign-in. Of course, I assigned the templates to this folder.

Should I turn on/off something more on TMS/VCS?

Are you using Active Directory Services on the VCS for the AD accounts for authentication?

Yes, correct.

It's not possible to use mixed mode authentication, using Active Directory Services for AD accounts and local VCS database when using manually created accounts in TMS.  Jabber Video will always prefer ADS because of NTLM, over the local VCS database when authenticating, as a result ADS will always be used.

There are several discussions on this if you search the forums, below are two that I found real quick.

movi-mix-authentication-ad-and-ldap

movi-authentication-ad-and-other-movi-without-authentication