Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Redundancy Order of deployment

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Gents,

I am trying to add a second TMS server for redundancy. In the installation guide it says that I need to enable redundancy ont he active TMS. 

My plan is to install the secondary TMS server and point it to the same tmsng database. However I do not intend to enable TMS redudancy on the active node at the same time frame when I install the secondary node. 

My question is will this create any issues within the environment. Can I just install the second node as a stand alone until I am ready to enable redundancy and re-configure the whole TMS environment for redundancy

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to enable redundancy first, if you don't, you run the risk of having two standalone TMS servers conflicting with each other because both will be active at the same time. You should the redundant TMS per the install guide to avoid any issues and possible conflicts such as this.  Since you're going to reconfigure the environment anyway at some point in time, you could simply wait until then to install the second TMS server, by that time, you would have already enabled redudancy and performed all the required network changes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to enable redundancy first, if you don't, you run the risk of having two standalone TMS servers conflicting with each other because both will be active at the same time. You should the redundant TMS per the install guide to avoid any issues and possible conflicts such as this.  Since you're going to reconfigure the environment anyway at some point in time, you could simply wait until then to install the second TMS server, by that time, you would have already enabled redudancy and performed all the required network changes.

Thanks Patrick. I thought this might be the case

Please rate all useful posts