cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS upgraded to 14.1.1 Column 'SNMP Get Community Name' does not allow nulls.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi!

I had an upgrade from TMS12.2 (via 12.6 and 13.2) to TMS14.1.1.

When I go to: Systems > System Overview and select all systems and all parameters I get an error message.

A college mentioned before he had some issue with the ip zone values.

Can it be that the 14.1 upgrade does not properly check for empty database fields?

How shall I fix that, does an upgrade to 14.2 help or is it some sql command which needs to be executed

(or some values to be set)?

Error details:

Server Error in '/tms' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Column 'SNMP Get Community Name' does not allow nulls.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.NoNullAllowedException: Column 'SNMP Get Community Name' does not allow nulls.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NoNullAllowedException: Column 'SNMP Get Community Name' does not allow nulls.]

System.Data.DataColumn.CheckNullable(DataRow row) +2131738

System.Data.DataTable.RaiseRowChanging(DataRowChangeEventArgs args, DataRow eRow, DataRowAction eAction, Boolean fireEvent) +5073836

System.Data.DataTable.SetNewRecordWorker(DataRow row, Int32 proposedRecord, DataRowAction action, Boolean isInMerge, Boolean suppressEnsurePropertyChanged, Int32 position, Boolean fireEvent, Exception& deferredException) +195

System.Data.DataTable.InsertRow(DataRow row, Int64 proposedID, Int32 pos, Boolean fireEvent) +344

Tandberg.TMS.UI.SystemOverview.ViewSystemOverviewGrid.CreateDataSource(EmbedLinksSetting embedLinks) +6856

Tandberg.TMS.UI.SystemOverview.ViewSystemOverviewGrid.DataBindToTMSGrid(EmbedLinksSetting embedLinksSetting) +171

Tandberg.TMS.UI.SystemOverview.SystemOverviewView.SystemOverviewViewDataBind(EmbedLinksSetting embedLinksSetting) +196

Tandberg.TMS.UI.SystemOverview.SystemOverviewHost.ShowModule(ModuleActions moduleAction) +115

Tandberg.TMS.UI.SystemOverview.SystemOverviewHost.systemOverviewFilter_ModuleAction(Object sender, ModuleControlEventArgs e) +43

Tandberg.TMS.Service.Navigation.TMSModuleBase.FireModuleEvent(ModuleControlEventArgs e) +22

Tandberg.TMS.Service.Navigation.TMSModuleBase.FireViewAction() +34

Tandberg.TMS.UI.SystemOverview.SystemOverviewFilter.viewButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +65

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

You are seeing defect CSCue22625. A fix has been released in TMS 14.2.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

Is there any workaround? (reset value in tms / template, sql query, ...).

One or more of the managed systems lack an SNMP Get community name, you want to find out which. That's unfortunately not easy in TMS 14.x because of how the SNMP credentials are encrypted in the database; you simply cannot query the database for all systems and see which ones that lack a value. (All SNMP credentials will appear like "0xDE1D4032CC0232E91000F32FFBD664F03F0DB6E61814D6ECEF5D5FBBE04CC6DA1A828986B9B2C0F83EA0", even for systems without an SNMP community name).

Resetting them using a TMS template won't necessarily do the trick either, as it could very well be a system that does not support templates that's problematic. I had a look at my 14.1 database now (where I also see the same unhandled exception on that page), and I see that it is my CTS systems that cause it. Unfortunately, TMS cannot update the SNMP community name of CTS systems.

Do you happen to have CTS systems? If so, can you deselect them in the "Select Systems" panel, and see if you can get the report correctly?

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sumeet Rakesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

1. Was it working earlier ?

2. How many systems you are selecting ?

3. what are the SNMP Community Name: under Administrative Tools > Configuration > Network Settings ?

4. What are the results if you unselect "SNMP Settings" and rest all are selected ?

5. If 4 option works, then again select all, select "SNMP Settings" and unselect "SNMP Get Community Name" and get the result ?

6. If 5 also works, unselect all and select "SNMP Get Community Name" only and try to get the results.

Regards

Sumeet Rakesh

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

You are seeing defect CSCue22625. A fix has been released in TMS 14.2.

Regards,

Kjetil

Thx, Kjetil!

Must have overseen that one, ...

It not critical anyhow as deselecting snmp also works for the export.

One or more of the managed systems lack an SNMP Get community name, you want to find out which. That's unfortunately not easy in TMS 14.x because of how the SNMP credentials are encrypted in the database; you simply cannot query the database for all systems and see which ones that lack a value. (All SNMP credentials will appear like "0xDE1D4032CC0232E91000F32FFBD664F03F0DB6E61814D6ECEF5D5FBBE04CC6DA1A828986B9B2C0F83EA0", even for systems without an SNMP community name).

Resetting them using a TMS template won't necessarily do the trick either, as it could very well be a system that does not support templates that's problematic. I had a look at my 14.1 database now (where I also see the same unhandled exception on that page), and I see that it is my CTS systems that cause it. Unfortunately, TMS cannot update the SNMP community name of CTS systems.

Do you happen to have CTS systems? If so, can you deselect them in the "Select Systems" panel, and see if you can get the report correctly?

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil!

No CTS systems. If there would have been an easy fix it might have been an option.

So not selecting snmp or at some point upgrade to TMS14.2 will be the solution :-)

Is it hashed by the encryption key which is mentioned when you install/upgrade

TMS, then it might be possible to figure it out, and if the result of the encryption

is quite static, then removing the string on one system, lookup the string

and search for it on the other entries might be a way, ... but yea, to much effort

for a to small issue ;-)

Thanks Kjetil for sharing this !

Regards

Sumeet Rakesh