Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS user management

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Anyone tried to integrate OpenLDAP with TMS? I see the TMS just have the option of Active Directory but not other LDAP, does it mean that TMS only support import of users from Active Directory?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That's correct, the core TMS application only supports AD when looking up user information.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That's correct, the core TMS application only supports AD when looking up user information.

Regards,

Kjetil

Thanks Kjetil, is there any other way that can integrate with other LDAP?

BTW, i checked the data sheet that it says support other LDAP but I am not able to find out the configuration page in TMS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11316/ps11338/data_sheet_c78-707901.html

Several types of Active Directory and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) sources are supported for on-demand or automated import and synchronization of groups and users.

• Standard Microsoft Active Directory.

• Secure Microsoft Active Directory with Kerberos.

• Standard LDAP.

• Secure LDAP with StartTLS or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That is for TMS Provisioning Extension which is a different application that integrates with TMS and handles user import from a wider set of LDAP applications. So what kjetil says is correct.

Are you talking about TMS or TMSPE?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

Sorry I am talking about TMSPE.

I would like to know if it supports OpenLDAP?

I tried to configured it in the Systems > Provisioning > Users >User Import , I chose LDAP and fill in the setting, but when I click save, it prompts "Warning, An unknown error occurred. See log for details"

Magnus Ohm, there is no way to integrate an LDAP server for the user management, not provisioning, only AD ?

Thanks for your help

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Yes that is correct. Please refer to Kjetils answer. :)

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App