Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPE Smart Scheduler

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have installed TMS/TMSPE Telepresence server and Telepresence conductor that all work with CUCM 11. Using TMSPE (System/Provisioning/Users) I created groups and users. For these users I created CMR's, and all this works fine.

When the end user (with a CMR) creates a video conference using "Smart scheduler" they can create the meeting correctly including the participants.

But the participants don't receive an e-mail notification for this meeting.

In administrative Tools / Email Settings I configured the SMTP server and when I save the settings I receive an e-mail notification for this, so SMTP is working.

From each of the users that have a CMR, I can also send an e-mail when I click on "Send Account Information" Only when I create a meeting with "Smart Scheduler" the participants never receive an e-mail

I installed Wireshark, and I can see that TMS sends SMTP packets in the first two cases (notification and "Send Account Information") When I create a meeting with Smart Scheduler never SMTP packets are send by TMS.

I have configured the mail server for TMSPE correctly (Administrative Tools / Configuration / Provisioning Extensions Settings)

Are there some log files to check on TMS, or does anyone has an idea?

Thanks

JH

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you setup SMTP within TMS? Smart Scheduler will use the email settings configured within TMS under Admin Tools > Configuration > Email Settings, however the CMR invite will use the email settings configured under TMSPE. Also, when scheduling a conference, TMS will only send the email confirmation to the person scheduling the conference, it then up to the user to forward the invite to others. 

Hi,

That is what I did, I configured under Administrative Tools / Configuration / Provisioning Extension Settings and then I filled in the same SMTP server in the "Account Information Email" I only changed the SMTP port to 25

Is there another setting for e-mail when using Smart Scheduler?

Thank you

Please recheck my last reply, as I mentioned, Smart Scheduler will use the email settings configured within TMS, the email settings within TMSPE are only used for sending user account information and CMR invites.  Make sure you configured SMTP within TMS itself under Admin Tools > Configuration > Email Settings.

Sorry, I also did this, and in network settings under Event Notifications I put an e-mail address.

So when I do a save under Admin Tools > Configuration > Email Settings I get an e-mail in my inbox

It seems that SMTP works, and with wireshark I can see SMTP traffic sending from TMS, except when scheduling a meeting, then I don't see any packets leaving.

Are there some log files in TMS, or do I need to make some extra configuration?

Thanks

Jan

Does the user's account in TMS have an email address?

If this person has never accessed the TMS website before, either the user or an admin will need to add the user's email address to their account within TMS, by default the email address is blank for AD users who login to TMS for the first time and needs to be added by the user upon first login.  Logging into the TMS User Portal when accessing the Smart Scheduler doesn't provide this step, and is only available within the actual TMS website.

Hi,

I have created a user using TMSPE (Systems / Provisioning / Users)

I add the user and give it also an e-mail address. When I click on "Send Account Information" I receive an e-mail from TMS (Cisco TMS provisioning account information)

Only when I create scheduled meeting using smart scheduler I don't receive e-mails. Nor any of my favorites, no one.

Little strange

Did you check the user's profile in TMS to make sure they had an email added, see Admin Tools > User Administration > Users. As I said, this is different than what you configure in TMSPE, the conference invites being sent when scheduling a conference using Smart Scheduler as well as TMS will use the email configured in TMS, not TMSPE. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: