BenHutchison
Level 1
Level 1

Environment

• Room Kit
  • RoomOS 11.15.1.6
  • Registered to Webex
  • Touch 10

After installing the RoomOS 11.15.1.6 update, my Touch 10 was unable to boot to the home screen, getting stuck at the Cisco logo screen and rebooting constantly. It did not have this issue on older versions.

Power cycling it, factory resetting it, pairing it over the LAN instead of directly, and pairing it to a different endpoint (Room Kit Plus) did not get it to boot fully.

In crash.log.peripheral (attached), the core dump showed a segfault when NetworkApplyConfigService::validateDnsAddress2() called validateIpv6Address(QString).

My DNS server settings, which worked in previous RoomOS versions, were

xconfiguration Network 1 DNS Server
*c xConfiguration Network 1 DNS Server 1 Address: "192.168.1.1"
*c xConfiguration Network 1 DNS Server 2 Address: "2606:4700:4700::1111"
*c xConfiguration Network 1 DNS Server 3 Address: ""
** end

I tried enclosing the IPv6 address in square brackets the way web browsers require it, but that did not change the behavior. I did not try expanding the shortened :: zero groups.

Removing the 2606:4700:4700::1111 DNS server (Cloudflare) allowed the Touch 10 to successfully reach the home screen.

The issue does not affect Room Navigators, which I tested on a Room Kit Plus with the same DNS settings.

3 Replies 3

Evgeni Fedotov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This appears to be a bug; kindly initiate a TAC case for it.

Thanks, filed TAC case 697218894.

This was acknowledged as a defect by TAC and is tracked by bug ID CSCwj83743. A fix has been committed and is tentatively scheduled to be deployed to the RoomOS preview release channel in June 2024, subject to change.

In the intervening months, you can still use the above workaround of removing IPv6 DNS server addresses from your endpoint configuration.