Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 10 Remote pairing

JayD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All 

I have a project with over 200 Cisco endpoints and all of the Cisco Touch 10's are being plugged into the network (Remote Pairing) 

Is there a way to be able to pair the panels to the codecs without having to go to each room with just command line or scripting? 

Regards 

Jay

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At this point in time there is no way of remotely pairing a Touch 10 to an endpoint.

There is a Feature Request logged in to the Development Team to see if they can make this possible in the future.  If you have (which it seems you do from your description) a need for this feature, you should contact your local Cisco Account Manager and get them to add your business case to the Feature Request to add further weight to it being considered and implemented.  

As a temporary workaround, you can create a basic user level account on your device that is separate from any admin or integrator accounts you may already have and give the details of this username/passphrase combination to an end user for them to enter just for the purpose of pairing the Touch10 on site.   We have done this successfully for many of our installations.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

That's a shame that it is not yet a feature or considered to be a helpful feature. I have seen someone ask the same question back in 2016 if this could be an available feature... Not only would this be good for IT admins to remotely pair devices but also from a control system point of view this could be very helpful for divisible meetings rooms that have Touch 10 devices in both rooms as you would be able to dynamically pair the secondary touch 10 to the master's room video conference system. 

For this instance, I will get my team to go round and pair them all once ready.