Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 8

vikaskm11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can anyone suggest on the different hardware versions available for Touch 8.

Does all the hardware versions supported by TC software.

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some of the newer hardware versions are not supported on the older software versions, but I wouldn't recommend that you contine running the old TC5 end of support software anyway.

There is a table in the TC7 release notes which details which of the newer TANs have a minimum software release.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Can we have the Hardware Version and S/w version details in order to identify the Touch Panel 8.

Did you look at the document I linked in my previous email - in particular at the table on page 78 in the section titled "Cisco TelePresence Touch 8 hardware dependencies".

The software version is really only an issue if you're running a software version on the endpoint that is less than TC5.1.4, which is not recommended for many reasons, but there are some other small differences between which TANs are supported on which System types with the early model hardware.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

I looked in the doc.. and it only shows the TAN number.

Can you pls help and share the keywords for Hardware version for Touch 8 like mentioned for Touch 10 example : 102300-3.

So that we can identify the same through the Codec GUI.

The TAN is the physical hardware version.   That is the number you will need to look at.

For the older hardware there is no way of seeing the exact hardware version through the web interface of the endpoint as you can do with the newer hardware.  You will need to physically identify them.

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: