Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TP Server disconnect "Ending call due to timeout of session timer"

I've started getting diconnections of SIP endpoints dialling into TP server via a traversal zone, with the TP server generating the error message "Ending call due to session refresh interval".  This happens consistently after 13 minutes and 10 - 20 seconds.

We were previously using H323 on the traversal zone and everything was working - it's only after changing to SIP that we encountered issues.

Some of the software versions are unknown as they are run by another organisation, but I'm wondering if this message means much to anybody....

Call path:

TP Server 4.2 > VCS-E X8.6 > SIP Traversal to VCS-C (Unknown version) > C60 (Unknown version)

2 Replies 2

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

is there a firewall between the VCSE and VCSC? If so what type?

Look and see if there are any SIP and/or H.323 proxy or inspect settings on the firewall.

Look at any timeout settings.

If there is a firewall and let me know what type and version I can be more specific.

I assume an internal calls not going through the traversal zone work without issue - correct?

Hi Lawrence - yes there is a firewall, it's run by the other organisation so I'm not sure of the specifics but I'll check it out, thanks.