Helpful
Replies

TPC reporting no resources available on bridge

rtjensen4
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I'm having some strange behavior...

My bridge is a MCU 5320, licensed for 7 Full HD ports (14 HD, 28 SD, etc) version 4.5. I am running TPC XC4.0 with no release key. We only have one bridge right now, so no big reason to have more bridges in there.

We only use ad hoc conferencing... users dial meet.<whatever> to create a conference.

When we get to 7 or 8 calls, TPC starts to report that there are no resources available and calls get a busy signal. I raised the alarm threshold on the bridge up to 100%... now I'm up to 9 calls in two conferences. TPC is reporting 93% utilization on the MCU, which i know isn't the case. Why is it reporting this. I'm attaching a screenshot of the utilization showing in TPC and a screenshot of how the MCU is configured.

If it's relevant, most of the endpoints are SX series (10 or 20), EX90, or Jabber for Telepresence clients.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have a single cascade configured, Conductor will always reserve double the number of cascade ports you set per conference in case it needs it, double because it needs a cascade port for the primary and secondary conference.  In your earlier image (tpc_ussage), you have a total of 9 connected participants, plus 4 reserved cascade ports (2 per conference).  So 9+4=13 ports in use, and 14 total ports divided by 93% capacity = 13 used ports.

Also, keep in mind with auto-dialed participants, Conductor will always reserve a port for these type of participants, even if they are not connected, it's in case they at a later time do connect, they'll be able to.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can we get a screenshot of your conference template?  Usually the template is most likely missconfigured, for example cascading or number of screens, etc.

Hi,

Thanks for replying! Here's the requested screenshot.

You have a single cascade configured, Conductor will always reserve double the number of cascade ports you set per conference in case it needs it, double because it needs a cascade port for the primary and secondary conference.  In your earlier image (tpc_ussage), you have a total of 9 connected participants, plus 4 reserved cascade ports (2 per conference).  So 9+4=13 ports in use, and 14 total ports divided by 93% capacity = 13 used ports.

Also, keep in mind with auto-dialed participants, Conductor will always reserve a port for these type of participants, even if they are not connected, it's in case they at a later time do connect, they'll be able to.

Thanks for the insight into how it works. I've removed the auto-dialed participants that were associated with the template, they were only there for testing anyway and changed the cascade to 0. I should be able to have more participants now correct? Thanks again!

Correct, if you still do not, let us know and provide a screenshot the Conductor usage page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: