cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to break dialtone on analog E+M tie-lines

tredgrove
Level 1
Level 1

I have four E+M connection tie-line 4-wire immediate signalling circuits. I can seize the tie-lines from direct trunk select and receive dial-tone from the router ports but, i cannot break local dialtone.

debugging shows the transition from onhook to offhook but - i do not see any digits being played out to the router... Which probably explains the dial tone issue. I know the PBX trunks are good.

Also - how do i remove secondary dial-tone?

3 Replies 3

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

If no digits are being recieved by the router, then the dialtone wont be broken.

You can use connection plar under the voice port and send the call to a destination as soon as the port is siezed. This will eliminate the second dial tone.

Taimoor

Taimoor,

Thanks for reply.

The E&M lines are local PBX to remote PBX tie-line trunks. Router A has extension groups 2... and 3...

Router B has extensions in the range 83..

Does the connection PLAR allow for flexible dialling from PBX-A subscribers to PBX-B subscribers and vice-versa ?

Taimoor.

OK with you on the PLAR option. All squared away there. Problem persistant, BUT found a fix

FYI

ran debug on vtsp dsp all and vpm all - all ok one side far end choked with error

traceback and error message. *Mar 1 08:55:48.251: %DSM-3-INTERNAL: Internal Error : No DSM handle provided-Traceback= 619EE3F8 61568BF4 6156004C 615648D0 61564EB8 61566B80 61568974

running 12.2.(15)T far end and 12.3 2T near end

Seems i need a patch of IOS.to 12.2(16.1)T or greater to resolve.

Thanks for the nudge. Hope this is useful to others.