Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to login to "admin.webex.com"

patrick-idahl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,
I am currently trying to get a Cisco Webex Room Kit up and running. The current status is that the device has been installed and registered in my name. As a result of the registration, my local administrator has been deleted/overwritten so that I can no longer log in as admin.

As written in various posts, a new account can be created under “admin.webex.com”.

My problem now is that I cannot log in to the aforementioned site. Immediately after logging in, “Permission denied” appears.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance and best regards

Patrick
2024-05-27 12_55_14-Window.jpg

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

What other information (other than stated in the screenshot) do you need?
You don't have the permission to login in to Control-Hub, so you are not an admin. Somebody has to give you the admin role.

Hello,
thanks for this feedback...

I already know the ‘content’ of the message, but there is no one who can set an authorisation for me here. This is the first time the device has been in use for years and it is only registered to my email address. There is simply no known ‘administrator’ who can set me an authorisation here. This also makes little sense in terms of content if I, as the registrar/administrator, should/must give myself the role of administrator.

Kind regards

"This also makes little sense in terms of content if I, as the registrar/administrator, should/must give myself the role of administrator." --> Why not?
During setup of the tenant, 1 email address from within your company was added as an administrator. After the setup and during the adding of new users to the tenant, you can provide roles to the users.
That's the process. So, if you don't "find" someone within your org, who is admin, then it's your organizational problem, and not a technical issue of the site.
BTW: Who setup the device in Control Hub for you? So there must be a admin somewhere, who already had setup the device ...
And: maybe it was intentionally, that you don't have admin rights. You don't need admin rights, to work as a normal user. Maybe you shouldn't get admin rights in the first place, that's why you don't have them. But this again is an organizational question and not a technical one.