Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from CCM4.2 to CUCM8

aaaaa2209
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone.

The company is considering to upgrade our CallManager 4.2 to CUCM 8. I have some questions:

1, should I upgrade the current unity 4 to Unity connection 8? Is unity 4 working fine with CUCM8? I am asking this because we think this can cut the budget. Let me know if you have other ideas.

2, Budget estimation. How much is the server 78xx? I mean,can I have a list of the price? Or I should contact the cisco TAC and ask for the price. And how much of the CUCM8 software? What else did I miss?

3,CUCM 8 or CUCM 8.5 or 7.x? 

I will have to upgrade to 6/7 before upgrading to 8. So I have to pay two SW licenses (7 and 8 ) in this case, correct? Should I use a higher version or 7.x is OK?

Thanks in advance.

William Zheng

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post in the right section. This is for Video over IP questions, not general upgrade questions.

If you want to stick with Unity you need 5.0(1) as minimum. Otherwise you can migrate to CUC 8.X as you mention.

SCCP Compatibility Matrix: Cisco Unity, the Cisco  Unity-CM TSP, Cisco Unified CM, and Cisco Unified CM Express

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cutspmtx.html

TAC is a break and fix organization, they don't provide prices.

You need to either reach pre-sales or a reseller for prices and a BOM.

Either middle version is fine, AFAIK there are already some offers about the upgrade like 3x3, again, this is something you need to discuss with pre-sales a or a reseller. But you don't need to buy the 7.X licence unless you plan to start the ccm service in that version.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate