Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading firmware on SX80 w/Crestron Touch Panels

brett.bryant
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

ive got several SX80 codecs that are sitting on TC 7.3.x.  Im looking to upgrade to the more recent CE8 or CE9 but im wondering how this is going to effect my Crestron Touch Panel that we are also utilizing in my training rooms.  I have the Crestron TSW-1050 running off a Crestron DMPS 300.  Ive been told that upgrading past TC7.x  will have an adverse effect on my touch panels and that all of my current buttons will not work as they do currently.  Does anyone have any experience with this? if so, do you have any suggestions?  Im just wondering if upgrading is even worth it if I then have to have my Crestron programmer come out and redo all my touch panel programming.  Thoughts?  Thanks for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The touch panel itself wouldn't have to change, but the API commands it triggers within the program for the SX80 might, as some API commands have changed when going from TC to CE software.  You'll have to work with your programmer, unless you're capable, to go through the Crestron program to check all of the API commands it's using to control the SX80, the SX Series API Guides have a section that covers what has changed from release to release.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The touch panel itself wouldn't have to change, but the API commands it triggers within the program for the SX80 might, as some API commands have changed when going from TC to CE software.  You'll have to work with your programmer, unless you're capable, to go through the Crestron program to check all of the API commands it's using to control the SX80, the SX Series API Guides have a section that covers what has changed from release to release.