Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Cisco TelePresence MX300 as a monitor for desktop

Jesper.Olausson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to use a Cisco TelePresence MX300g2 as a monitor for a desktop in order to display relevant information. This seems to not work since I currently get the error message "not registered". From what I've seen this means I need to register the device with Cisco. Are there any workarounds for this? We just want to use it simply as a monitor, no network connection or anything.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With some guessing work we swapped our videocable adapters and managed to solve it. I know I've read somewhere that a simple video cable should solve it, but this did not work for us because we had other issues with the computers hdmi-port. When swapping to Display port we were able to use the screen as an external monitor. I will keep your answer in mind if we get any further issues up ahead. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

not registered means it is not registered to a call manager or telepresence server (has nothing to do with registration at cisco.com)

it is not meant to function as a stand-alone monitor, so you may not succeed

look at Cisco MX300 G2 and MX200 G2 Data Sheet - Cisco

●  Setup is simple: The MX300 G2 self-configures with Cisco ® Unified Communications Manager (UCM), Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS), or Cisco Webex ® Telepresence provisioning. Just authenticate your endpoint to the network to complete the setup.

With some guessing work we swapped our videocable adapters and managed to solve it. I know I've read somewhere that a simple video cable should solve it, but this did not work for us because we had other issues with the computers hdmi-port. When swapping to Display port we were able to use the screen as an external monitor. I will keep your answer in mind if we get any further issues up ahead.