Views
Helpful
Replies

vcs clustering and registration.

KRISHNA K V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our customer has got two sites consisting of cisco tandberg endpoints and vcs control and expressway, MCU.  

Site A:

VCS control

VCS Expressway

MCU A

TMS

Endpoints

Site B

VCS Control

VCS Expressway

MCU B.

Endpoints.

VCS Control  Clustering  and expressway clustering  will be done. Internet link is terminated in both the sites.  I would like to know if the following are possible.

• they would like to ensure that all endpoints of site A should be registered to VCS Control in Site A. All Endpoints of Site B should be registered to Site B VCS Control. 
  • When endpoints in Site A want to make a business to business call the call should exit via VCS Expressway in Site A.
  • When Endpoints in Site B want to make a business to busineess call the call should exit via VCS Expressway in Site B.
  • When someone from internet calls a endpoints in Site A the call should come via VCS Expressway in Site A.

Also is it recomended to put vcs control, mcu  behind firewall.

Regards

Krishna

5 Replies 5

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Krishna,

What you want to do is possible. I'd recommend that you take a look at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Cisco_VCS_Control_with_Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-1.pdf

Can the TMS on site A reach site B?

I'd also recommend that you use TMS-PE (Provisioning Extension for TMS) if you have provisonable endpoints - Movi, e20, MX200, jabbet tablet etc.

Thanks,

Guy

Dear Guy

Thanks for your repsone. I would like to know more about the outbound and inbound call routing.

Krishna.

Hi Krishna,

Your deployment mostly depends on the sip domains used for Site A or Site B.

Endpoints on Site A and B will use respective sites vcs-control and expressway.

what you have to think are for the calls coming inside to the organization.  are you going to use the same sip domain between same sites ?

how you will differentiate the incoming calls going to site A & B? i think probably you need to setup a neighbor zone as well between the two sites for making this call work properly.

you need to be very specific with your dial plan for the sites A & B

Thnx

Alok

Dear Alok,

Both Site A and SiteB uses Same sip domain. This is for a same company in two different locations within the city.

Krishna

Hi Krishna

i hope in this scenarion the outside calls to your domain will be resolving to site A & B public ip-address, correct? the DNS would be

if thats the case then the call could reach to any of the site and you need a neighbor zone to route the calls which are not related to site A and vice-versa for site B.

search rules will play a important role and you have to be careful with that.

Rgds,

Alok