Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Control and VCS Express Integration

Anju Josua
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i have problem regarding vcsc and vcse integration.

my topology like this (got from "Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Basic Configuration (Control with Expressway)" but with different ip)

If i followed this deployment guide, then i shoud create a traversal zone. vcs c as traversal client and vcs e as traversal server.

the guide say "The traversal client zone on the VCS-C needs to be configured with a peer address which matches the static NAT address of the VCS-E"

i already do that, but the registration status still fail. but if i add vcse internal ip address, it can register.

Do i miss something?

Thanks,

Anju

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check  to ensure your firewall has all the appropriate ports opened including outbound and any ALG inspection/fixup for SIP/H.323 is disabled. Also get yourself a free cisco jabber account on a laptop/iPAD external to your network and do additional testing.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Anju Josua
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i see the event log, it said "invalid alias"

any idea?

Thx,

anju

hello,

any idea?

Thx,

anju

We don't actually use the dual Ethernet option on our VCS-E to provide NAT'ing, but my feeling is that you would indeed peer the VCS-C to the internal interface of the VCS-E. It make no sense otherwise. I think that there can also be NAT'ing between the VCS-E and VCS-C, so maybe the documentation is referring to that possibility.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Swinney,

really appreciate your response. i hope you can stick with me for a while :)

the document said that, because the static nat already enabled on vcse, then the signaling and media traffic will send to its static ip.

is there any way that i can check the static NAT configuration in vcse already run well?

if i register the internal interface, vcsc can register to vcse.

Thx,

anju

Hi anju.

As mentioned, I'm probably not the best person to answer this for you as we do not have any dual interface VCS-E that support NAT, hopefully someone else will jump in. However, I think (from what I have read on here), that the 1st Ethernet port (eht0) is used for the WAN NAT connection, whilst the second (eth1) is use for the internal connection to which the VCS-C will peer to.

Cheers

Chris

Hi all,

i hope, someone still want to jump in. i am suspecting that NAT is the problem.

My configuration is:

1. ip public : 192.168.200.200

2. vcs-e internal ip : 10.170.11.47

3. in vcs-e in configure fallback alias to 45000 (mcu)

4. my mcu is registered to vcs-e

i try to call to 192.168.200.200 ( the call should be forwarded to 45000), but in vcs-e i see the log that call rejected because it doesn't found the destination.

any idea?

Thanks,

Anju

Can you post the search history in a text file?

Do other calls work to VCS-C registered devices/e164?

On the VCS can you see that 45000 is a registered alias?

What happens if you dial 45000@publicip? 

Does your search rule strip the @publicip so it only matches 45000 if it is just E164?

Use the locate tools built into the VCS to search for 45000 also try 45000@publicip

Dear heathrw,

thank you for your respond. After i follow your guide, i can call the 45000. but the problem is the media route is "false". when i see call statistic in the endpoint, the endpoint transmit traffic, but doesn't receive any traffic.

any idea?

Thanks,

Anju

Make sure optimal call routing is disabled. Media won't be routed for multiple reasons based upon the endpoint capabilities and if the actual endpoint is behind a NAT

What is the make and model of the endpoint calling the 45000 extension, is it registered to the VCS expressway?

Is there any reason why the MCU is registered to the Expressway and not the control? 

Hi Heathrw,

the optimal call routing that you means, is it on "vcs configuration > calls" menu?

i set it to default, which is always but the media route still false

the 45000 is a mcu 5310. Actually, for the deployment, i will register it to control. but i can't make it works (the call from internet cannot reach the 45000), so i move the registration to vcs-e to simplify troubleshooting. after this work, i plan to move the registration back to vcs-c.

i think that my static nat in vcs-e is not working.

The call is detected as non-traversal, i think it should be traversal call

After i collect tcpdump, the call is in TCP. I attacth the tcpdump for information (my endpoint public ip is 192.168.199.254, my vcs 10.170.11.47, mcu 10.170.11.46)

Thanks,

Anju

Dear all,

I already can call to mcu. right now, my mcu is registered to vcs-e ( i am doing this to simplify my troubleshooting). When i dial 45000 (my mcu vmr number), i already can join the conference.

Then, i want to move my mcu  registration to vcs-c. from deployment guide i should add public vcs-e address in traversal client (in vcs-c). but the status is failed.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Anju

Do you have a topology diagram and can you post the xconf from both vcs control and expressway?

Is your expressway single or dual interface enabled?

Heathrw,

i attach my topology. currently, i can call from internal c60 to internet endpoint.

but call from internet to 45000, still can not work. but when i check search history in vcs-c and vcs-x the status is found.

how can i get the xconf?

thx,

anju

SSH into the VCS devices using the admin account, turn on logging run command xconf