Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS search rules

muazam ali
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have created 2 search rules with different priority, and both have (continue) on successful match, when i am dialing URI of registered  endpoint example@example.com the goes to TP server but not to the end point, is it because of priority of search rule?

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you provide a copy of your VCS search rules as well as a search history for the failed called? You might have a rule that is misconfigured or priority wrong. 

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

your Search Rules need to be checked. The call is most likely going to your MCU because of the Fallback Alias Setting which is probably set to the alias of your MCU. 

Hi Lawrence, The thing is i am dialing a URI of and endpoint registered on vcs, but what is happening here when dialing the URI call goes to TP server, but when i am increasing the priority of search rule which is match on every thing then call goes to the ENDPOINT registered.

There two possible things happening.

1. You have overlapping dialplans

2. Your search rules are not properly configured. Your local search rule should have a higher priority to any external search rule because you want VCS to search locally before it sends the call to an external destination

Please rate all useful posts

To help figure out what's going, as I mentioned, can you provide a copy of your VCS search rules and a search history for the failed call?  It could be that the two search rules are too closely configured and matching both called addresses.