cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCSc and VCSe

David Mowery
Level 1
Level 1

I am super-confused about VCSc and VCSe licensing and entitlement. I need to spin up a VCSe but I can't figure out how. Do I need an option key to turn VCSc to VCSe? If so, what is the sku for this key?

Thanks for your help!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You install the basic VCS software (common to both), but when you order it you usually order it as either a VCS-C or VCS-E. 

SKU for a VM VCS-E is R-VMVCS-EXPWY-K9.  This will give you the option keys to turn your basic VCS install into a licensed VCS-E.

All SKUs for VCS products can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/telepresence-video-communication-server-vcs/data_sheet_c78-626491.html

View solution in original post

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First step would be to know if you talk about physical vcs appliances or just virtual sessions.

The physical vcs comes in either a VCS-C or VCS-E version.

Not sure if or how there is a procedure to move from a -C to a -E.

Regards the virtual fresh installation, see Nicks posting.

That said, the ova image you can download is a VCS-C, yes, but it is only a demo mode.

This means for a VCS-C you will need a release key and option keys.

And also here, not sure if there is a procedure if you have a registered VCS-C if there

is an official upgrade path.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

You install the basic VCS software (common to both), but when you order it you usually order it as either a VCS-C or VCS-E. 

SKU for a VM VCS-E is R-VMVCS-EXPWY-K9.  This will give you the option keys to turn your basic VCS install into a licensed VCS-E.

All SKUs for VCS products can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/telepresence-video-communication-server-vcs/data_sheet_c78-626491.html

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First step would be to know if you talk about physical vcs appliances or just virtual sessions.

The physical vcs comes in either a VCS-C or VCS-E version.

Not sure if or how there is a procedure to move from a -C to a -E.

Regards the virtual fresh installation, see Nicks posting.

That said, the ova image you can download is a VCS-C, yes, but it is only a demo mode.

This means for a VCS-C you will need a release key and option keys.

And also here, not sure if there is a procedure if you have a registered VCS-C if there

is an official upgrade path.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify