cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VGA audio connection to Cisco SX10 - No Audio going through SX10

danielnandino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  I work for Viacom - MTV/Nickelodeon  we curently have about 20 Cisco C40 and C60s..  We are trying out the New Cisco SX10 for Exec Offices.

I went ahead and installed the SX10 and hooked up the VGA to send content from computer..  I cant get the audio from the mini coming from the headphone out of the computer to send through the SX10.  I connected it to the mic input, I noticed that it had a symbol of a circle with a arrowhead pointing in so i assumed that mini port could also be used as an audio input.  But i still get no audio.  Is there a setting i have to set in the system so the audio can go through?

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The audio input you're talking about would be the input for an external microphone.

To connect the content input up to a SX10, you need to connect it to the HDMI input port.

If you want VGA and Audio, you'll need to use another adaptor to convert the VGA and audio to HDMI to feed to the SX10's input port..

Something like this EXT-VGAAUD-2-HDMIS or VGA-HDMI-ACTV.

Alternately, you could use a different endpoint, such as the Cisco SX20 which has the seperate DVI and 3.5mm Audio input sources for connecting your content source.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.