Views
Helpful
Replies

Video conference from Cisco Telepresence to Blue Jeans

Alexander Suhov
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

Recently I faced with the need to make video conference calls directly from our local system (Cisco Telepresence VCS/TMS) to the Blue Jeans system in our remote office.
Unfortunately I have not found relevant information on this topic except graphic topology. And I never had experience with video conferencing solutions from Cisco.

I need to know, how i can make a call from Cisco Telepresence system to Blue Jeans conference room (which placed in cloud)

Could you please give any information about this integration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We've been using TCS to record our conferences for years.  The TCS can be deployed in either a hardware appliance or as a virtual machine, here is a link to the support documentation for the TCS.  The TCS will register to your VCS, and can connect either point-to-point to an endpoint or to a conference bridge.  Note the TCS is only available for ordering until May 2017, afterward it becomes end-of-sale, see eos-eol-notice-c51-738128.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your VCS is setup to do B2B calls with external endpoints and/or organizations, you should be able to connect to BlueJeans, refer to the VCS Basic Configuration (Control with Expressway) Deployment Guide (X8.8) to check your configuration.

See the BlueJeans site on how to connect to their system, for example: How to Connect to a BlueJeans Meeting from a Room System.

Thank you for the quick response.

Are there any other options to reach blue jeans (cloud based room)?
Because we do not have Cisco Express Way in our topology.
We have Cisco Telepresence video communication server control  X7.1 without express way.

What can we do in this case? Do we need to download and integrate separately expressway? Or we need to upgrade our version of X7.1 to X8.8 (Which already has built-in expressway.)  

I apologize for the possible incorrectness of my questions.
I never had experience with video conferencing solutions from Cisco.

You can use your VCS-C without the need of an -E to make external B2B calls, it just won't be as secure because you're lacking a VCS-E.  Basically, follow the guide I provided, but instead of working with a VCS-C and -E, you're only working with a -C, and make sure you have a DNS zone setup with a search rule pointing to it.

Thank you very much, this issue was solved.
But during this time,  another question was started.

We need to have the ability to automatically record video conferencing (Cisco TelePresence Profile 65" Dual ).
As far as I could find,  for this we can use Cisco TelePresence Content Server.

Could you confirm  that is a good solution for video conference recording?
And it will be great if you can provide configuration manual for this product (Cisco TelePresence Content Server.)
exact for this topology VCS,TMS,MCU + Cisco TelePresence Content Server.

Thanks in advance.

We've been using TCS to record our conferences for years.  The TCS can be deployed in either a hardware appliance or as a virtual machine, here is a link to the support documentation for the TCS.  The TCS will register to your VCS, and can connect either point-to-point to an endpoint or to a conference bridge.  Note the TCS is only available for ordering until May 2017, afterward it becomes end-of-sale, see eos-eol-notice-c51-738128.