cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

video preview not coming for some random partcipants in mcu conference

nikhil.kmr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team, we have a MSE 8510 MCU , when we creating a conference and after adding the participants. Some of the participants video is not coming in the preview page of the conference control page.

It is randomly not showing the video for any participants, in the Conference. Not the issue with any particular endpoints.

Im attaching the Snapshot of the same for your reference, Kindly Suggest some action to get the issue resolved.

Regards

Nikhil

6 Replies 6

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you continue to see “x participant preview” even after you refresh the browser page?

MCU only decode participant video when needed (i.e. a part of CP mode panel or displaying on Web GUI as participant preview), therefore if you just open Web GUI session, MCU might not yet ready for displaying the site which is not in any panel of CP mode.

If participants in conference as less than 20 sites, try CP20 mode so that all sites are decoding on MCU all the time.

Hi Taniguchi,

We tried Refreshing the page many times, but still some of the random participants preview video is not coming.

We facing this issue, even when we have like 5 partcipants conference, in that randomly any 2-3 participants video will not come.

Can you explain as how can we put the Participant Site in CP mode in order to get there video preview in accordance with all other participants in the conference.

Can you also please guide me how to Enable CP20 mode on all the sites connected in a conference.

Regards

Nikhil

There are few methods to change the conference layout but probably most simple method is to change CP layout from “View” control for “All participants” in active conference call.

Can you try connect 5~10 sites to conference on MCU as normally you run conference call and  modify the layout in conference and see how participant preview display?

Hi Taniguchi,

We tried this also, connecting 5 participants and then modified the view as suggested by you, but still some of the partcipants preview video is not coming.

The current software version on MCU is 4.2(1.50), Kindly Suggest something.

Regards

Nikhil

I tried with 4.2(1.50) in lab but can’t reproduce what you are seeing.

Do you see number of FUR message in H.323/SIP log from site(s) that you won’t see participate preview in conference?

I suggest you contact TAC and have further investigation.

Hi Tomo,

The Issue is solved after Rebooting the MCU.

Regards

Nikhil