Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Traffic Routing

KRISHNA K V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a VCS Control and VCS Expressway and endpoints. VCS control and endpoints are in the same subnet. We have recently purchased a dedicated internet link for video traffic alone. I have configured the policy based routing in the LAN so that any traffic that originates from the subnet will be routed to the internet link dedicated for video traffic.  We do have movi deployments also. Movi clients is deployed in user pc which are in various subnets. I want only the video traffic originates from the movi client to the diverted to the internet link dedicated for video. All other traffic should go via the first internet link. It would be great if any of provide a solution for this. Regards Krishna.

5 Replies 5

Could you use policy based routing based on protocol/port rather than source IP?

I think I am not really getting how is network topology looks like, as this does not sound like bgp

and you would like two network connections we would most likely talk about NAT as well.

So a drawing with some info would be helpful.

I would doubt that this is doable besides adding maybe adding an additional VCS-E.

But first we have to properly understand it .-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Nick,

I am working on your suggestion.

Hi martin,

the topology is like below.

endpoints -- vcs control  ------ LAN --- FIREWALL 2 -- DMZ -- VCS EXPRESSWAY ---- INTERNET LINK2 for Tepresence video.

PC --- LAN --- FIREWALL 1 --- INTERNET LINK1 for non video traffic.

Both the video infrastructure and non video infrastructure share the same LAN.  But the video traffic from the telpresence infrastructure and endpoints should be diverted to the firewall 2. This i have already done based on the policy based routing based on the ip address. Now  we have movi endpoints in users pc. the users pc subnets are different. Now i want the traffic orginates from the movi endpoint also to be diverted to the firewall2. but non video traffic from the users pc should still use the firewall 1 and internet link 1.

Incoming video traffic from internet segement  anyway comes to the firewall 2.

Krishna.

It might be worth trying a few different methods of identifying your video traffic so you can route it appropriately.  The easiest ways would probably be by QoS markings or port, but you could use a more complex method such as NBAR maybe?

Don't forget to rate my answer if it works!

actually I do not really get where your issue is here in this case.

If "LAN" is your internal network and all internal systems can

reach the VCS and have a transparent network to reach each other

(if not you might more specify who can reach who) , JabberVideo

should be registered to the VCS-C.

By that  traffic will not go from the client to the internet anyhow as the client will

always be bound  to the VCS-C, passing it to the VCS-E which is connected to link2.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify