cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM VCS clustering

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

If I want to build a cluster for VM VCS, what license do I need to buy?

Or just need to buy 2 x R-VMVCS-CTRL-K9 ?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Both VCSs need to have the same option keys installed, such as provisioning, as they are not shared between the cluster.  The number if call licensees (non-traversal/traversal) and registrations don't need to be the same, as they are shared between the cluster.

I'd suggest you check the VCS Cluster Deployment guide for more details and make sure you have all the prerequisites in order.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cluster_Creation_and_Maintenance_Deployment_Guide_X7-1.pdf

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Both VCSs need to have the same option keys installed, such as provisioning, as they are not shared between the cluster.  The number if call licensees (non-traversal/traversal) and registrations don't need to be the same, as they are shared between the cluster.

I'd suggest you check the VCS Cluster Deployment guide for more details and make sure you have all the prerequisites in order.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cluster_Creation_and_Maintenance_Deployment_Guide_X7-1.pdf

Thanks, so I need to have 2 copy of R-VMVCS-CTRL-K9 and the license, right?

Yes would you need to purchase two licenses to activate the VCSs one for each VM in the cluster, plus whatever options and call licenses you'd like to have.  Contact your Cisco rep for some help in purchasing as they can suggest or recommend what to get to best fit your needs.  They can also make sure what you're expecting to buy is all in order and will work as expected.

Hi,

i recommend to deploy the each VCS VM's on a seperate VM machine's or UCS's. It is not good to make a cluster on the same physical machine :-)

You are right, thanks

Thank You.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: