cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Monitoring and Management Tools

bkresnanto
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have suggestion on VoIP monitoring and management tools for large enterprise voip infrastructure?

We are in the final phase of 8000 phone cut-over across 2 location (2clusters) and need some advice on choosing the right monitoring system.

I saw Qovia have Cisco approved monitoring tools.

Does anyone ever use this? any suggestions or advice?

Thanks in advance

Bonaldi Kresnanto

5 Replies 5

nathan.a.reeves
Level 1
Level 1

We're running an eval of Prognosis at the moment and it's a very nice package. Does about everything I could think of for IPT monitoring. Price is a bit steep, but I'm guessing that's the same for most IPT monitoring these days.

Nathan,

why dont you try Qovia. Qovia provides an extra layer of monitoring that Prognosis does not. Qovia measures live calls as they go from network device to network device and produces a means to track where call quality degrades.

No one has anything like it.

Please give me a call and I can explian.

Mike Lynch 908 309 4948 Qovia

mmmlynch1
Level 1
Level 1

Bonaldi, please give me a ring at 908 309 4948 or mlynch@qovia

Mike Lynch

Qovia

Good to hear your advice.

I will check both tools in detail and see what we can use.

Mike, I will call you soon.

Thanks

acydgod
Level 4
Level 4

Bonaldi,

Monitoring voice quality is just one aspect of ongoing operations. It is equally (if not more) important to have the ability to remotely troubleshoot end-user problems, manage configuration changes, and perform active testing on a regular basis before users are impacted.

In addition, whenever you make changes to your IPT system (e.g. CallManager upgrades/patches, IOS upgrades, power outages) you'll definitely want the ability to verify the system is still operating as design. Using the active tests you can do this easily and in an automated fashion.

ClarusIPC Operations is the only product that addresses these needs. It is also just as valuable during the deployment as ongoing operations to help you make changes and deploy new phones with the same product you day-to-day.

I'd like to talk to you more about the product and how it can be used in your environment.

David Roberts

droberts@clarussystems.com