Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx CMR Cloud - Call My Video System drops + from video address

Richard Greig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've just been testing out the 'Call My Video System' from our WebEx CMR Cloud site (great feature), and noticed that it is dropping the initial + when the call hits our call control. Has anyone come across this before?

E.g. Address entered into video address box is +12345@domain.com, call comes in from meet@webex.com as 12345@domain.com.

Appreciate any assistance / guidance you can provide.

Cheers,

Rich

4 Replies 4

Richard Greig
Level 1
Level 1

Please note this is only happening when enterring in the video address directly during a call - selecting a preloaded a video address (under My WebEx > Preferences) works fine.

Suggest you contact WebEx support, as they'll probably be the ones to best help you determine what the issue is with the video call-back feature.  It could be the call-back feature doesn't support the + when entered in WebEx, but for some reason when saved in your profile it is.

Richard Greig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just wanted to close this one out - after a few escalations, engineering has confirmed that there is an issue. No official bug yet, nor ETA on when it will be fixed - however I'm requesting TAC to find this out.

As a workaround for our endpoints, we have just put in search rules to try adding the '+' when coming from webex.

Cheers,

Rich

Thanks for the update Richard, if you ever get a bug ID or an official fix, let us know.