cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Integration into Cisco TelePresence Profile 52/55 C40

darin.scott.cs
Level 1
Level 1

So, our company has bandwidth limitations on our VPN for remote colleagues who would like to join a video call into one of our static video conference rooms. The client is already using Webex as a workaround but would like to integrate this remote user (on a weekly basis) more fluently with the Profile 52/55 C40 unit that's in the room.

I'm just curious as to your thoughts on what would be the best method for making this setup more professional in terms of aesthetics and usability. In a perfect world, we would have this person use their Jabber account and then just add them in TMS as a .movi, but again... the bandwidth restrictions on our VPN would not allow for a seamless transaction between both endpoints.

I'm wondering if I can use the C40's camera to capture the room view while someone also has the remote user patched in through their local laptop to where both endpoint can have a relatively decent view of each other. Other than doing a 50/50 on the layout view, I'm wondering if there's a better way to configure the setup other than sharing content (in this case the remote users cam view).

I'm just trying to think this through and am not necessarily worried about the network side of things as I am the practicality / usability of the actual setup. Especially considering it's going to occur on a weekly basis.

Thanks for your insight into this type of setup in advance!  

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have two options if you want to integrate WebEx into your existing video conference infrastructure: CMR Hyrbid and CMR Cloud.  CMR Hyrbid uses your on-premise conference bridge such as an MCU/TelePresence Server to host the video endpoints and creates a cascade link to the WebEx cloud, whereas with CMR Cloud, everything would dial into the cloud and doesn't require an on-premise conference bridge etc.

CMR Hybrid Configuration Guide (TMS 15.0 - WebEx Meeting Center WBS30)

CMR Cloud Enterprise Deployment Guide (WBS31).