cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Room Kit Pro & SX80 - How to set monitor roles using 3 displays

BW Dijk
Level 1
Level 1

I have a room setup with a Webex Room Kit Pro or a SX80 and 3 monitors, these monitors are directly connected to the Codec.
(SX80 is running ce 9.15.13.0, this unit I'm using for testing)

At the HDMI Inputs of de codec we have;

• HDMI input 1, Cisco Quad Camera,
  • HDMI input 2, Local PC A
  • HDMI input 3, Laptop
  • HDMI\DVI input 4, Local PC B

We would like to have the following video lay-out on the 3 monitors;

Not in a Call

• Monitor 1: Presentation (preview)
  • Monitor 2: Selfview (PIP)& Systemen information
  • Monitor 3: Presentation (preview)

In a Call

• Monitor 1: Presentation or Preview & Remote Presentation
  • Monitor 2: Selfview (PIP) & Remote camera
  • Monitor 3: Presentation or Preview & Remote Presentation

I made the following configuration:

Video Monitors: Triple

Video Output Connector 1 MonitorRole: Second

Video Output Connector 2 MonitorRole: First

Video Output Connector 3 MonitorRole: Third

Video Selfview Default FullscreenMode: Off

Video Selfview Default Mode: On

Video Selfview Default OnMonitorRole: First

Video Selfview Default PIPPosition: LowerRight

When Not in Call, With the above configuration I have the display lay-out the I want.

When in Call, (with the un changed configuration) I get:

• Monitor 1: Remote Camera!!
  • Monitor 2: Selfview (PIP) + Presentation or Preview and Remote Presentation
  • Monitor 3: Presentation or Preview and Remote Presentation

What I Need:

• Monitor 1: Presentation or Preview and Remote Presentation
  • Monitor 2: Selfview (PIP) + Remote Camera!!
  • Monitor 3: Presentation or Preview and Remote Presentation

Can a clever person show me the way to get the requested Monitor Lay-out working.

Is there any logic why the Remote camera is displayed at the monitor whiff the role "Second Monitor" ?

Reading the “sx80-administrator-guide-ce915” & “collaboration-endpoint-software-api-reference-guide-ce915” didn’t give me any clue to get me on the road.

In the Cisco C90 it’s possible to set custom Video Lay-out using the TC tool, is a custom Layout still possible in the SX80 & Roomkit Pro Codec?

Best regards,

Bert-Wietze Dijk

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I used the xAPI commands of the codec to fix my issue, to bad that the current screen compositions are not described in any manual, I rally would like know what je screen compositions are in- and out- of call when selecting the screen like first, second & third.

When using only 2 monitor the behavior is what to be expected but when using 3 monitor…. it’s not ☹.

Here is room for improvement Cisco!

To bad to read that a fine codec like the SX80, that is in service until 2024 is no longer supported for fixes and updates.

That is not sustainable I would think.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bert-Wietze, 
No, the Cutsom TC layouts aren't available on any of the endpoints other than the old C60 and C90 platforms.   I agree they were very useful in their day.
To swap the layouts around automatically as you want, your best option would be to use the Macro functionality in the CE software to issue the correct xAPI commands to swap the layouts around.   You could switch between modes with UI buttons, or, as you want it to change depending on whether you are in a call or not, you could have them react to call connect and disconnect feedback.  There is a good guide for the API at: https://roomos.cisco.com/xapi/ 

Edit: Re-reading what you want, it may be as simple as setting the monitor role to DualPresentationOnly, and setting Output Connector 1 and 3 roles to PresentationOnly, and Connector 2 to First.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for your quick reaction.

I just tired your idee of setting the [monitor role to DualPresentationOnly, and setting Output Connector 1 and 3 roles to PresentationOnly, and Connector 2 to First].

I made a screen shot of the touch panel which is showing the result of this setting.

Bert-Wietze

OK - I don't have one handy to try out, so was just basing it on what I could remember.  You might need to tweak some of the other settings (ie Video DefaultLayoutFamily Local and LocalContent) as well to help get the layouts you're after.

Noting also that the SX80 is also an old endpoint, and is past its end of Software Maintenance date so will effectively be limited to its current functionality until it goes completely end of support.

The Room Kit Pro, being a current model, does have possibility for software changes, and can run newer software than the ce9.15.13.0 you said you are running, which may also help getting the functionality you need too (and can do some basic image composition - such as Picture-in-Picture that was available in the old TC software with newer software).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

BW Dijk
Level 1
Level 1

In my humble opinion, there is a bug\error in the behavior of the monitor setting the in the  regarding the SX80 and Roomkit Pro codec.

I added 3 more screen capture of the touch panel.

1) Not in Call – just as it should be

2) In Call – what I experience -> wrong monitor layout

3) [In Call] Simulation of what I would expect as the monitor layout.

I used the xAPI commands of the codec to fix my issue, to bad that the current screen compositions are not described in any manual, I rally would like know what je screen compositions are in- and out- of call when selecting the screen like first, second & third.

When using only 2 monitor the behavior is what to be expected but when using 3 monitor…. it’s not ☹.

Here is room for improvement Cisco!

To bad to read that a fine codec like the SX80, that is in service until 2024 is no longer supported for fixes and updates.

That is not sustainable I would think.