cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Room kit Pro camera control

nisar valappil
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco Webex room Kit Pro in one of my project, along with codec I have Quad camera and Precision 60 camera.

While integration I am experiencing issue with camera control,  I am able to control only one camera even I connect both camera to codec camera control port.

And seems always preference to Precision 60 camera, it means when I connect quad cam to port1 and precision to port2 , only precision 60 camera is possible to control. When I remove precision 60 camera I will be able to control quad camera.

In my scenario I should able to control both camera because I have third party discussion system and camera tracking.

Please help me to get solution for the same. Below are the details of codec attached screenshot of TP.

4 Replies 4

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Your pictures look normal to me - you appear (from those) to have the option to choose either the quad cam (assuming that's camera 1) or the P60, your two screenshots show you have the option to choose either - so I'm not clear what the issue is. You can choose it but it doesn't work?

What SW rev are you running on the codec?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Quad Camera isn't designed to be separately controlled - it's designed to be used in SpeakerTrack mode where it will automatically adjust to the best view of the participants who is speaker, or, if you turn off all the SpeakerTrack capabilities, it becomes essentially a fixed camera, so there will be no camera control by default (especially with some of the newer software loads).  You need to manually enable camera control in the endpoint config.  For what you are trying to do, you may be better off with two Precision 60 cameras and not using a QuadCam (not to mention that P60s are a lot cheaper to purchase than a QuadCam).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi ,

> It was working like we can control Quard came manually using touch panel ,
> the issue is when connecting two camera Quard and precision , precision cam only can control manuals using touch panel . also noticed a new issue with Quad cam, the camera is getting disconnected after some time, and no Ethernet activity.
>
> When we give power restart to Quad cam it will connected again for few minutes, then again go disconnected.
>
> We Checked the LAN cable and it is fine and also no OSD message on video saying LAN disconnected. But green Led light on quad cam is off.
>
>
>

Have you enabled camera control for all the required video inputs?  (Configuration > Video > Input > Connector 1-3 > CameraControl > Mode = On)

Also, have you assigned the serial numbers of each of the cameras (Configuration > Camera 1-3 > AssignedSerialNumber) so the codec knows which camera is which?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.