Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX20 with ISDN Link issue

jcatimpo14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

It's me again.. First of all i wanna say thanks to TOM for helping out with our Tandberg MXP880, it is working fine now. There is another predicament that we are experiencing with our new device.

Let me just give you a short input about it:

The Cisco SX20 codec has been the first device that was delivered to us and we had configured the IP for it and it is working perfectly fine, including the MULTI-SITE function. Now afer 2 months, the delivery for the ISDN Link finally arrived. We have ISDN30 from our ISP so basically we wanted to use it for the sx20 that is why we had ordered for the ISDN Link and we were told that it will work... It does work calling using ISDN but the problem here is, the MULTI-SITE is not working, everytime we add 2nd, 3rd parties there will be no video just audio but for the IP it seems to be working fine.

can you guys give us some insights regarding this?

TIA!!

Best regards

Jonah

3 Replies 3

jcatimpo14
Level 1
Level 1

here is the system log of the ISDN Link

Hi.

To create multisite calls, you would need to have the multisite option key.

The SX20 supports mulitsite, but you need to have the option key in order to utilize it.

Thanks

//Marius

RobSethPayne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

I have the same issue and I found that if you manually set the call rate before starting the mulit-site call that it works around the problem.

It seems the ISDN link & SX20 don't automatically split up the bandwidth when adding additional sites into the call.

Can anyone else please confirm if this will be addressed with future updates of the ISDN link?

Rob