Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX80 with Speaker Track 60

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need help for a fresh install of SX 80 with two 60 Precision Cameras from Cisco.

I've attached two monitors.

All settings are default or Auto.

Speakertrack is available and set all to Auto.

1. Only ONE camera shows a video on ONE monitor at the same time. Should not every camera send a video to one of the monitor? I have to confiure that? How?

2. Speakertrack doesnt work. I double check all the settings, cabling and so on. The speaker will not track. The output of xstatus  looks ok.

Can somebody help?

4 Replies 4

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm a little confused about what you have - on the header you said you have ST 60, but then you start with saying you have an SX80 with two cameras. Do you have the Speakertrack hardware? There is more to it than just having two cameras. 

On your first question, you only choose source for live video. If you want to use both at once you can make one your main source and set the other as your content source. 

Sorry for confusing -  I have SpeakerTrack60. I follow the instructions on the example very well.

I'm getting also the positive diagnostic output like in example.

Double check everything - if you have one mistake it will cause a failure. If you criss crossed the camera HDMI's - anything like that and it won't work. If you are sure you have it hooked up correctly and have it enabled on the SX80 and it still doesn't work you must have a hardware problem, so you should open a ticket with TAC to troubleshoot and find what isn't working. 

Good luck

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you clarify if you have a SpeakerTrack 60 or simply two individual Precsion 60 Cameras?

The SpeakerTrack 60 contains two Precision 60 Cameras housed within a single unit, see the SpeakerTrack 60 Install Guide for reference.

You'll always see video from only one camera at a time on the screen and is by design.  If you want to see multiple camera inputs on the screen at once, you can use TC Console to create a composite of all the video inputs into a single stream, however the SX80 must be running TC software, as CE software isn't compatible with TC Console. Or as Patrick mentions, you can select two cameras using one as your main camera source, and the other as your content source.

If you do have a SpeakerTrack 60 and not two individual Precision 60 Cameras, double check your installation with the Speaker Track with SX80 Codec Configuration Example, and refer to the Speaker Tracking section of the SX80 User Guides.