Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Directory Search

Agor85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a CMS Version 2.2.1 running and facing an issue with the Directory Search in TAB "People". I am not able to look up a user at customer active directory.  AD Sync and the spaces where configured properly and are available. However, I cannot even look up a user, which has a space. 

I could not find anything usefule in the log file from file system.

Do I miss anything?

Thanks in advanced.

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does the user you're trying to lookup in the directory imported into CMS or do they only existing in AD (not imported into CMS)?

If the user hasn't been imported into CMS, you'll need to configure an external directory search location, see: How do I set up additional external directory search locations?

Regarding the directory lookup for CMS users,I've never come accross that issue before.  Is this occurring just with CMA, what about WebRTC?  Are all the CMS components configured correctly?

Hi Patrick,

I now have configured the AD integration via API. Lookup works. Seems the web interface cannot be trusted.

Only thing I can think of is to make sure your certificates are correct, and the Web Bridge trusts the Call Bridge's certificate.

I am hitting a similar problem, I have configured ldap sync and have filtered it out so that I only add 2 users at the moment(there are a lot of duplicates). I have then used the same AD server to use as an directorySearchLocation, I have added a simple filterFormat and I start at a high level domain basedn for my search. The problem that I have is that nothing is being returned in the search from within CMA and if I search for the other user within cms it will show the first time I search but not again until I exit and restart the CMA.  I get a warning in the logs that says "releasing directory service user instance with active sessions" any help would be appreciated.

Just a quick update, when I delete the directorysearchlocation I am able to search for the other user every time

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: