cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cms working without license

Steven Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the middle of deploying a 3 node cms cluster. Callbridge, webbridge, xmpp, turn services. 

I've also deployed tms, expressway-c and a number of room systems and integrated cms with cucm, tms etc. 

Everything is working as expected internally, I can book and create scheduled conferences with many participants, create and join meetings via spaces, join via rendevouz etc, no b2b yet but will be configured soon.

My question is around licensing. I have not yet added any personal or shared multiparty licenses yet everything is working. Is this normal behaviour?

I understood from documentation that I would need the shared and personal multiparty licenses added or it would not be possible to create or join any type of conference. 

The only license added at this time is the default callbridge, xmpp, turn 

I'd like to understand if this is normal, or if shared and personal multiparty is actually a requirement for a type of call I have not tested yet. 

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

The default license file for call bridge will contain some SMP or PMP licenses.

You can check it by opening the license file or you can check it via postman through API "System/licensing"

I think that is the reason you are able to make calls.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful....

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: