cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect a Cisco SX20 Codec to a Cisco TTC8-02 webcam

danielbcn
Level 1
Level 1

We need to connect a Cisco SX20 Codec to a Cisco TTC8-02 webcam, but we have no cable right now. Can you please indicate which cable we should use? Do you have further details about the connection?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That was a typo mistake.its,  CAB-HDMI-PHD12XS

ae353eb1c3edc9b8.png

Capture.PNG

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You threw me off by using the term "webcam" (it's not).

The SX20 had a specific cable because the serial/control port and the HDMI are right together on the SX. Take a look at this doc - it will show you what you need and the part number on page 18. There are some out there used, I don't think Cisco sells them anymore, but the pinout is in the doc also. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precisionhd_1080p-720p_camera_user_guide.pdf

Good luck!

Hi, Patrick, thanks for your assistance.

I looked at the manual you sent. It mentions we need a custom cable, which part number is CAB-HDMI-PHD4XS2. Both ends of the cable have a custom plug with 24 pins.

But then, if we look at the camera connectors, I didn't find any corresponding connector for that 24 pin custom connector.
Page 7 in the manual you sent (precisionhd_1080p-720p_camera_user_guide.pdf) shows the camera connectors, I can't see any of that type. Am I looking at the right place?

you have the 12x camera, not the 4x. Sorry that part number is on 19 not 18. Look at the diagrams. 

Camera control part number for SX,  CAB-HDMI-PHD12XS

Response Signature

Thanks, Nithin.

The manual doesn't mention specifically the part number SX AB-HDMI-PHD12XS. It does mention CAB-HDMI-PHD12XS when speaking about "Custom to HDMI and RJ45 camera cable", in page 19, and specifically for this case, Patrick McCarthy mentioned page 18, where it speaks about CAB-HDMI-PHD4XS2.

Then, on page 16, under "Cable options for PrecisionHD Camera 1080p12x", it shows a "Custom to HDMI and RJ45 split cable" is required to connect a PrecisionHD 1080p12x to a SX20 codec.

Just to make sure, as these cables are expensive, can we confirm that was in page 18 was a mistake and what I need is "CAB-HDMI-PHD12XS"?

That was a typo mistake.its,  CAB-HDMI-PHD12XS

ae353eb1c3edc9b8.png

Capture.PNG

Response Signature

Thank you very much